This position ensures that Royal Dutch Shell maintains and operates a fit for purpose and design effective control framework across our global IT footprint from a financial SOx and business perspective. This role has specific focus and responsibility on the successful test management and global testing methodology for Application Embedded Control (AEC) testing and design effectiveness of SOx controls.
This is a newly created position within the Global Control Testing Excellence team and will combine individual contributor responsibility and the line management of 6 AEC testers. The candidate needs to be able to demonstrate competence three or more of the following area:
Risk and Control (Mandatory)
• Understanding of risk and control frameworks as applied in Shell to industry best practice
• Exposure to control frameworks (internal or external) such as SOx / ITGC / Security
• Appreciation of the Lines of Defence and Defence in depth principles
• Experience of working with Internal and/or external audit
• IT Test management and issue resolution
• COBIT / CISA
• Experienced in general financial accounting gained from either professional qualification (fully qualified not a mandatory requirement) or broad business exposure. Ability to understand common accounting principles such a Chart of Accounts (Local and Group), BS / P+L, MIPA, performance management, sub ledger, reconciliation, tax, cash flow in general terms.
• Experience of financial risk and the mitigating processes applied in typical processes and reduce the potential impact of incorrect financial reporting
Business Process Knowledge
• In depth knowledge of one (or more) Shell business streams for example R&A, PGS, HM, manage close, Trading, group reporting, master data … gained either as an end user or supporting analyst. Demonstrating an understanding of how these businesses are realised on the underlying technology from an end user perspective. Experience of working with the business to solve business issues.
• Broad technical competence and understanding of Key Shell financial technology and IT delivery including ERP SAP, BW, Group submission, Master data management, Interfaces, IT architecture, and End User computing
• Understanding of the change lifecycle and introduction to production
• Experience of system testing and bug fix (Regression / UAT / BIA)
• Understanding of documentation quality to support technical delivery (Functional spec / Technical Spec / desktop procedures)
• Strong analytical mindset and ability to challenge technical solutions on direction and quality
• Awareness of the big pig picture and strategic direction of Shell IT (Cloud, SaaS, et al)
• Awareness of how security is managed in alignment with business requirement and IT applications
• Understanding of dataflow, interfacing and middleware
• 8+years direct experience in the delivery or management of controls at LOD2 or LOD3
• Significant senior stakeholder management specifically in relation to Governance
• Experience of managing controls via Internal Audit and/or external audit channels
• Understanding of Governance models, LOD and assurance / compliance frameworks
• Highly developed in both written and verbal communication
• Able to convey complex technical issues in non-technical and business terms
• Able to work to tight deadlines and manage teams under pressure
• Understanding of software delivery and business change management
• Technical SAP knowledge and understanding of wider IT architectures
What can I do when my salary history makes me really expensive in my current job market? I dont want to take a huge salary cut, but I am not having success interviewing.
Ironically, years of experience or having valuable expertise can sometimes put you in a tough spot and leave you feeling frustrated and discouraged. You cannot control where
Walkin for you