Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
The digital revolution is changing everything. It’s everywhere – transforming how we work and play. Are you reacting to the disruption each day or are you leading the way as a digital disrupter? Accenture Digital is driving these exciting changes and bringing them to life across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. At the forefront of digital, you’ll create it, own it and make it a reality for clients looking to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises. Join us and become an integral part of our experienced digital team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on.
Accenture Digital is powered by three practices –Analytics, Interactive, and Mobility. As part of our Interactive practice, you’ll help businesses grow in entirely new ways. You’ll drive revenues, increase efficiencies and reduce costs. All while enhancing a little thing called brand equity.Key tasks and responsibilities
- Develop and deliver boundary pushing concepts. Turn initial ideas into working designs
- Produce elegant solutions which take into account both user needs and business goals
- Creating simple solutions to complex problems
- Encourage innovative approaches to design, using creative techniques to gain knowledge from clients, users and colleagues
- Continuously learn about users through research and observation
- Concept development – making those initial ideas more real, turning high-level ideas into working designs
- Able to consider projects from a high level and how the recommended solution meets overall design objectives, but also consider the detailed user interaction components, labels & flows to help users achieve goals
- Understand and communicate complex services and design for a variety of platforms like mobile, web, and TV
- Come up with creative solutions to problems that evaluate and assess user, business & technical goals and needs
- Clearly communicate solutions, usually in the form of models, wireframes, documentation, or prototypes
- Responsible for creating systems & frameworks to organize information and help users understand how an application will work
- Apply conceptual thinking to create world-class digital services across multiple platforms, smartly bringing together user needs, business goals and technical realities
- Develop sound UX concepts, including the definition of customer needs, task analysis, and the creation of personas, storyboards, scenarios, user flows and use cases
- Translate concepts into designs that illustrate simplicity despite system complexity
- Create instant tangibility for the Accenture Interactive team and the client through storytelling and rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototyping
- Define the User Interface Design through information architecture, wireframes and user flows and validate it through usability testing
- Create light weighed specifications and style guides to supplement prototypes for our implementation partners
- Work with customers and prospects to design end-to-end experiences using participatory and iterative design techniques including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of qualitative and quantitative research to uncover insights, learn about user behavior and verify design concepts
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationales
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers
- User journeys
- User flow diagrams
- Design prototypes
- Tools of the trade
- Axure RP, Balsamiq
- Adobe Creative Suite (desirable)
- Pen, paper and post-it
Experience and qualifications
- 3+ years in-depth knowledge and experience of user interface design with consumer applications, preferably mobile devices, rich web apps/sites and interactive TV
- Extensive knowledge and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with customers, along with cross-functional teams
- Working knowledge of design / prototyping tools; Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Balsamiq, Axure etc.
- Proficient in a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc)
- Be a storyteller – A critical element of all our roles is to deliver insights about people and behavior – verbally and visually – in a way that generates empathy, emotion, and engagement from the client and design team.
- Have a strategic perspective on the variety of work that we do. Many of our projects involve strategic thinking based upon the insights gathered from the field. Thus, business, brand, and/or strategic experience are desirable.
- Have a natural skill to engage with people at a deep level. Whether observing or interviewing customers, or working with fellow team members and clients, a service designer should be passionate about representing the human perspective in design and should have skills in bringing this passion to life for the team.
- Creative problem-solver with the ability to work with a blank slate and inspire others
- Knowledge of web-based technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions, including the capabilities and limitations of Web technologies Flex, Ajax, Flash, DHTML, CSS, scripting, and other technologies
- Strong knowledge of design process and project management
- Strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- Must be organized, analytical, dynamic and able to cope with stress
- Bachelor’s degree in a design-related discipline
- Strong online portfolio available for viewing
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You’ll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.