Aurea is looking for an experienced SaaS Operations Engineer to join our SaaS Operations team. Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated, goal-oriented, team-focused engineer with a passion for supporting customer facing services, processes, systems and infrastructure. This position will work to assure the overall availability and performance of production services against availability and quality SLAs. They will respond to alerts or events that impair or degrade service or could cause outages that impact availability. They will identify root causes, single points of failure, and eliminate them through remediation and execution.
The SaaS Ops Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for providing experienced support to both internal and external clients for resolving incidents and service requests. They will adhere to internal processes for incident and service request resolution, and change management through proper execution and documentation. This position is 100% remote.Key Responsibilities
Required Experience and Education
- Be the first line of support for infrastructure/platform related issues: network, cloud, databases.
- Analyze processing issues and data anomalies and identifying solutions.
- Perform triage, cause and remediation for incidents.
- Recognize and act on opportunities for service improvements.
The following would be considered as a plus:
- 2+ years’ experience in systems administration/NOC/cloud engineering
- Linux/Windows administrative skills
- Clouds: AWS, GCP, Azure, DO
- Networking: CCNA or equal experience
- Experience with Docker
Good to have:
- Databases experience: MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Automation: ansible/chef/puppet
- Scripting: python/PowerShell/perl/shell/bash
- Experience working with JIRA or other issue trackers
- Effective time-management skills
- Good communication skills
- Remote working experience
- Quick learning skills
Total compensation is $15/hour, which works out to $30,000 for a full time 40 hour work week.
To qualify, please provide a resume/CV demonstrating the required experience and skills. From there, to help us find the top 1% of talent, there will be a series of interviews and online skills examinations.
We realize these are challenging and can require a decent amount of time - so we thank you in advance for your efforts. Please note that you will not be paid for these interviews or skills tests but we hope you will complete them to help us truly evaluate your talent versus your peers.
Are you up for the challenge?