Qualifications & Experience
Registered accountant with Malaysian Institute of Accountant or
Qualified accountant with ACCA, CIMA, CPA with at least 3 years supervisor experience or
Accountancy degree with at least CGPA 3.5 and at least 3 years supervisor experience
5 years in audit/accounting
Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
Experience in use of ERP software
Leadership, Teamwork, Interpersonal communication skills
Able to speak and write fluently in English
Internal control procedures and SOPs
Responsible for the implementation of SOPs related to accounting operations for proper internal controls.
• Review and update existing SOPs as required and communicate changes to all affected.
• Consistently monitor implementation of checks and balances to ensure proper internal controls.
Responsible in checking expenses recorded and payments made
• Check to ensure all trade and non-trade purchase invoices are captured in the ERP system for the monthly closing
• Check prepayment transactions recorded in Balance Sheet
• Back up accounts executive on processing of payments
• Review trade and non-trade creditors aging and statements comparing to supplier statements.
Responsible for collection process
• Ensure sales invoices batch prior to posting to ledgers and signed & stamped delivery orders attached
to invoices for accounts’ records.
• Check for items delivered not invoiced (Open DO)
• Record collections received and issue receipts against invoices collected including government's on line payments.
• Record customers’ deposits/ advance payments and reconcile update when transactions are completed.
• Generate and review trade debtors / customer aging, email statement of accounts, and follow up on
collection status in operations meetings.
Reimbursement and petty cash claims
Responsible for Employee claims and petty cash
• Check claims by staff and obtain approval for payments. Scan copies of claims and
email for outsource claims processing
• Update claim details in ledger & journal from outsource payroll journal for entry to ERP.
• Check petty cash claims, update in ERP and prepare payment
• Prepare bank reconciliations (SCB, MBB) and completeness of records of paypal.
• Check other bank reconciliations by accounts executive.
Month end and year end reporting
Responsible for monthly reporting
• Post monthly Journal entries re: salaries, claims, petty cash, accrual of regular expenses, closing
stocks and any other month end adjustment.
• Ensure accuracy of recording of fixed assets and monthly depreciations.
• Proposed write off for loss & damaged assets
• Closing of month end accounts by 10th of every month.
• Review month end accounts for completeness and accuracy before passing the reports for
review to FM (monthly management accounts; P&L and Balance Sheet)
Responsible for year-end closing, audit process and statutory reporting
• Update of Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss schedules including fixed assets schedule
• Agree and post year-end adjustments, stock adjustments, tax adjustments, etc
• Final accounts, ledgers ready for auditors by July each year
• Submission of GST / SST reports where applicable
Ad hoc reporting and analysis where required
Providing necessary information for tender application or opening supplier account
for new customers when required.
Other duties requested by Finance manager / managing director.