The principal role of the AEM Developer is to support the profitability, quality, service and value of AEM solutions delivered by The Company to clients and the management and delivery of the CMS operations. Your scope of work should embrace the realisation of design, the technical definition, solution build, maintenance and support of these solutions.
- To produce quality software components and systems for Company's on-line and new media projects, implementing all of Company quality standards and processes to ensure that all software is delivered to a consistently high standard;
- To provide technical solutions for all bespoke components for product centric applications including design, definition and implementation;
- To work with project team leaders to produce use cases and detailed functional requirements for projects;
- To produce quality technical documentation for the development of Digital solutions;
- To develop software for projects according to the approved specification;
- To complete development of software according to the agreed schedule;
- To be proactive with all client dealings and to provide technical support to clients ensuring agreed service levels are met;
- To notify the Team Leader of any additional work requested by Clients at the time at which the request is made;
- To advise the Team Leader of any anticipated variations in the technical specification, schedule or costs;
- To accurately record time spent on all projects and maintain a record of any additional work requested by Clients; and
- To stay abreast of the latest technical developments in e-commerce web development and apply them, where appropriate, to projects undertaken for Clients.
- Developing web applications
- BSc in a Computing/Scientific/Mathematical subject
- 1+ year commercial experience of the following is required:
- Java, JEE, JSP
- RDBMS such as MySQL, Oracle and SQL Server
- Application testing experiencing -Test Plans, White/Black Box, Junit
- Good knowledge of HTML/XHTML, CSS
- AEM technology Stack
a) Development models: Maven, vlt
b) Apache Sling
c) Java Contents Repository (CRX, Apache Jackrabbit)
d) OSGi (Apache Felix)
e) OSGi bundles and consuming classed defined in them
f) OSGi components, services, annotations
h) AEM Components
i) Workflow definition and creating custom workflow process steps
j) Mobile content concepts, emulators, components
k) AEM Administration
l) Performance Tuning
- Persistence frameworks such as Hibernate (JPA)
- XML and XSL including parsing via SAX/DOM
- Design/Architect experience (UML designs/Use Cases)
- Application Security and Encryption APIs such as JCE
- Understand team requirements, and be able to translate them into technical requirements highlighting any technical issues that may arise.
- Systematic and thorough in approach when executing projects and able to work without supervision.
- Good eye for detail, an ability to quantify what steps were taken and what symptoms were displayed when problems arise.
- Flexibility and team-focused, with a `roll-up-your-sleeves' attitude to getting the job done.
- Ability to hit the ground running, integrate fast and make the required contributions in the new environment.
- Good verbal and written skills.