The Application Developer is responsible to develop and maintain tools that help the engineering department and T-Systems Malaysia inter-department to be more effective and efficient.
The Application Developer provides leadership and consultant to the technical resources to assists in designing, developing new tools and enhancing existing tools to cater for new requirements.
Besides that the Application Developer is also responsible for the availability of the tool suite.
• Ensure consistent and effective processes are in place, ensuring the smooth day to day operation of the service. This is to ensure consistent delivery of service in accordance to service description.
• Ensure consistent and accurate requirement collection and study by meeting with customer. This is to ensure good quality of delivered service with minimum defect.
• Ensure effective business and technical requirement scoping by analysis customer defined business & technical requirement.
• Providing on-going technical support, software enhancement and maintenance to customer.
• Ensure effective technical, development and module tests conducted with customer acceptance. This is to ensure zero defect developed software/tool deliverable.
• Ensure the performance and quality of service being delivered to customers in meeting requirements and agreed service levels/time line through ITIL standards to ensure meeting all technical and business criteria.
• To program, developing systems modules in the areas of web fronted, database and business logic based on requirement.
• Programming of interfaces to other modules and systems
• Ensure consistent and accurate project progress report to be provided to customer and immediate superior for progress and performance tracking purposes.
• Working in current projects for different customers and future operations
• Extension of the existing database framework and complex store procedure development
• Conception and creation of integration services and reporting functionalities, database programming and creation, migration and clean-up of stock data, defect analysis and defect fixing and database optimization.
• Provide primary technical leadership to technical resources and customers in software design and development. This is to ensure service objectives and KPIs are met.
• To ensure the interfaces and relationship with others T-systems support groups (e.g. Germany workflow team) and customer segment are clearly established and provide guidance to team members on the technical and administrative processes involved, ensuring conformance at times to ensure alignment of service description.
• Prepare technical design and standard operation document, as well as maintain specification documentation and technical document related to software development. This is to ensure a retainable record of developed software & tools, as well as ever greening purpose.
• Focal Point in providing technical insight to customer question related to software development thus ensuring consistent and accuracy of information supplied.
• To consult customer from various business/service unit who having responsibility for their operational effectives and performance in line with software/tool development for operation or cost effectiveness improvement purpose.
• Single point of contact for assignment of working packages (development and testing) including specific requirement and parameters
• To conduct induction and training to technical members in software development workflow process and procedures to ensure consistent process knowledge in the team
• Optimization of the tool suite for production processes, workflow and support.
• Enlargement of the existing application framework
• Facilitate as technical focal point of software engineering service transition & improvement of current and new services that is introduced to software engineering. This is to ensure smooth transition of operation and production within project time scope.
• Lead a team of software engineer/developer, having responsibility for their operational effectiveness and performance in line with contracted SLA/project time line.
• Consult and mentor technical resources concerning methods, procedures, and standards to be used during software development to promote job enrichment within team and to maintain technical quality in the team
• Implementation of routing strategies and messaging solutions
• Development and realization of backup strategies
• Well versed in security, system performance, troubleshooting, clustering, and fluent in scripting.
• University degree in IT or equivalent technical or professional qualification with:
o 4-7 years of experience in a relevant field of activity for Intermediate Level.
• Should have at least 2 - 4 years of software development experience in enterprise environment.
- Ability to write in MVC or MVVM programming model.
- Ability to work with Document Object Model (DOM).
- Experience with AJAX, REST APIs and JSON is a plus.
- Experience with any modern JS framework (VueJS, Angular, React) is a plus.
- Experience with NodeJS is a plus.
- Understanding of asynchronous programming (callbacks, promises, event loop & concurrency model) is a plus.
• HTML & CSS
- Ability to transform layout mockups into HTML & CSS.
- Experience with any CSS framework (Bootstrap, Material UI, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with any CSS preprocessor (SASS, LESS, etc.) is a plus.
- Understanding of UI/UX design principles is a plus.
- Understanding of Web Accessibility (ARIA) is a plus.
• Excellent knowledge in various programming languages including NET. 3.5 – 4.0, C#, ASP.NET, VB.NET. WCF, Power Shell and SharePoint (timer job).
• Excellent knowledge with Web services and Windows NT services in multi-threading scenarios, XML and XSD, schema modelling.
• Excellent knowledge of programming best practices, modelling and administration of the MSSQL server & T-SQL.
• Good knowledge in design (Data Contracts) and implementation of WCF Services and. Net components
• Experience with database connection to MS SQL Server through Linq2Sql or Entity Framework
• Several years of experience with in large complex projects, including:
o orchestration development
o development pipeline components
o routing strategies
o adapter development
o experience in load balancing backup disaster recovery strategies
• Good knowledge of SSIS and SSRS, entity-relationship modelling
• Good methodological knowledge regarding modelling, design and implementation of object-oriented, distributed systems
• Experienced in process driven tool design methodology and programming of workflow based systems.
• Experienced in scoping business requirements and transforming business requirements to technical solutions.
• Knowledge in using various development tools such as Microsoft Visual Studio 2008/2010/2012, IIS and Tortoise SVN / Subversion 1.5 / Team Foundation Server or similar source control management tools.
• Advance knowledge of SharePoint development and customization.
• Certifications of MCPD: Visual Studio/SQL Server/SharePoint 2010 development are added advantage.
• ITIL Foundation certification is added advantage
• Good writing and understand of object-oriented PHP
• Experience with Laravel 5 & PHP framework
• MS-SQL profiling and Query optimization is added advantage