Application Support Engineer
Scope of work
Work includes handling incoming issues from users worldwide, supporting other service delivery areas with system/database competence, developing or supporting the development of new technical solutions and improving the current services.
Expertise in trouble shooting combined with a solid understanding of how the application works in the environment is a key success factor.
This role requires installation and configuration of the application, diagnosis of application faults and solving technical and applications problems, either over the phone or email communication.
This role is responsible to comply with security policies and procedures of our client/company.
This role has to use the appropriate standards, procedures and guidelines with regard to service delivery processes, reporting, and documentation and authorisation levels.
- Degree or Diploma in IT/Computer or any relevant discipline.
- 1-2 years working experience in IT Application Support environment.
- Some background in software development/ testing/ maintenance will be an added advantage.
- Experience in supporting Cards and Payment solutions would be advantageous.
- Experience with mission critical transaction systems would be ideal.
- Formal knowledge and practice of ITIL and project processes
- Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply as trainings will be provided as well.
- SQL Server 2005/2008 training/advanced knowledge (operations, SQL jobs, basic administration, overview)
- T-SQL training/advance knowledge (queries, basic SQL statements tuning, handling high volume of data)
- Windows Server user knowledge (scheduled tasks, windows administration, Event Logging, basic network overview)
- Windows scripting (CMD, BAT, VBS)
- Understanding/overview of configuration management (Releases, Change Implementation Plans, responsibilities and approvals, promotion through various testing stages to production, rollback plans, ...)
- Understanding/overview of development, testing and deployment life cycle
- Understanding/overview of testing principles and methods
- Basic understanding/overview of system continuity concepts for mission critical systems
- Understanding/ overview of cards payment systems, Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) industry
RM 4500 ( max)
- Highly motivated team player and always eager to learn new technologies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a small team
- Commitment to delivery, flexible and worked in a multinational environment.
- Demonstrate flexibility, professionalism, reliability and adaptability to irregular working pattern.
- Strong analytical / trouble shooting skills
- Strong problem handling skills
- Customer focussed and understands service provision needs (eg. SLA requirements, ticket handling, requests prioritization, ...)
- Reliable and able to work independently and a team player , able to work in a diversified team .
- Good command over English (written and spoken)
- Local candidate preferred.
- Will be on shift rotation as decided by the Ops Manager .