BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The BDM is responsible for managing expectations and developing business solutions for the Company. The BDM is in charge of creating effective business plans to generate more revenue, increasing brand loyalty, and improving customer satisfaction.
As the BDM for our software company, the role holder must have a thorough understanding of our solution/s functionality and business benefits, understand precisely how to position us within client organisations when measured against business gaps and needs, and be skilled in identifying new opportunities to place our services within new and existing businesses.
Some of the main duties include brainstorming with other business leaders to define the scope of the projects, build and maintain a healthy prospects list with a minimum active number of 25 prospects, review project requirements, work-up quotations and bid prices while responding to RFP/FFQ’s, and approve timeframes. The BDM must work well with other company managers to oversee the progress of business development, however, this individual must have strong leadership skills to motivate other staff members, and it is required that he/she comes up with innovative solutions for day-to-day development issues. The main duties include managing client accounts and executing sales objectives, writing reports, reviewing business processes within the client businesses, creating and using standardised templates and tools to support the BDM function, and communicating with senior business clients as well as their staff.
The BDM must be proficient with office applications to modify spreadsheets and use a word processor to create proposals. The BDM must complete research to evaluate and properly place our product/s and strategy, and identify competitors, and use statistics to reach company goals within a given timeframe. Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Achieve revenue goals.
- Maintain good working relationships with existing clients previously to enhance client retention and new sales through opportunity creation, referrals, and references.
- Identify and develop new and existing referral sources
- Manage and mentor the network of Agents and Agencies selling our solutions globally
- Actively identify and generate prospects through strategic sales strategies focusing on customers in target markets.
- Demonstrable Excellent command of spoken and written English language with the ability to guide an audience through clear, concise, communication techniques
- Highly proficient in spelling, punctuation, grammar and other English language skills
- Exceptional telephone manner and customer service mindset
- Resourceful, creative, people-oriented, customer focused and a team player
- Educational Requirement & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Development or similar, with at least 5 years of relevant working experience managing complex projects or programs, or a demonstrable history of business development.
- Possesses or working towards obtaining a Project Management Professional Certification
- Knowledge of recognized software development project management principles and methodology is essential