• Develop supply base and Supply Chain strategies that are unique to customer or for Business Unit Strategic materials.
• Support customer’s business needs using standard process where possible and customized solutions where necessary. Collaborate with Purchasing manager and SCM to determine the best approach to meet the customer needs. Influence customer’s supply chain strategies to leverage those of the company..
• Communicate expectations to the suppliers. Conduct supplier audit / visits, certifications, and performance reviews to develop and continuously improve supply base. Obtain feedback from Materials Planners on suppliers’ delivery, quality, and service performance.
• Support, execute, and provide inputs to improve SCM initiatives and strategies.
• Quote new and existing materials. Work with Materials Quotation Analyst if applicable. Frequently re-quote and negotiate to capitalize on cost reduction opportunities.
• Make sourcing decisions based on overall cost and benefit including price, duty, freight, flexibility, service, performance, quality, and terms & conditions.
• Negotiate terms and conditions that protect the best interest of the company and its customers. Negotiate liability terms, special stocking arrangements, and other agreements that are outside of standard terms and conditions.
* Prepare Production Schedule in synch with MPS and customer commits.
* Focus on minimizing changeovers and production schedule changes while maintaining the integrity of the production board revision.
* Meet daily with the Operations team to assess production schedules, (adjust as necessary, based on production results), optimize run quantities, and minimize changeovers, to achieve 100% on time delivery.
* Run weekly clean-to-starts to determine any existing material shortages that need to be expedited. Follow up with appropriate Purchasing personnel to ensure commitments are achieved.
* Creation of Shipping Request and ensure shipments are made on time to fulfill OTD.
* Understand the Deviation/ECN/Purge processes.
* Understand all product production flow.
* Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor.
* Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy.