Our factory is designed to deliver great quality at high pace. In every team that you work in you will be expected to deliver work to a high level of quality. Your work quality is measured through the First Time Acceptance Rate, which means passing the code review quality bar set by other Chief Architects.
As a C++ Chief Software Architect, you are a member of one of our central assembly line teams such as faster, code cleanup, or an auto unit test team. You may also be in the role of a product Chief Architect, responsible for a product’s quality and weekly release.
Our organization is constantly acquiring new companies and their products. As a result, our code cleanup team is responsible for increasing the quality of code of our products we acquire; by capturing anti-patterns and solving them, implementing microservices, and ensuring our products follow SOLID principles. Chief Software Architects in this team are expected to have high standards of code quality and will have daily and weekly targets to work against. The Chief Architect’s role is to increase the code quality and work according to the company standards and quality guidelines. We measure the quality of work through our First Time Acceptance rate, meaning that the product Chief Architects accept the work delivered by the engineers immediately without having to ask for a rework.
The auto unit test team generate unit tests using automation. The team builds, extends, and introduces new tools to improve automated test generation. One of the roles of a Chief Architect within the bulk unit test team is to find patterns that can be applied to any C# project.
In all cases, you will have aggressive daily and weekly targets to work against and you can expect to receive timely feedback about your performance. The frequent feedback is used to help you improve immediately and to help you resolve blockers which may be slowing down your performance.
Nice to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- 8+ years of experience as a software engineer in C++
- 1+ year experience working in an environment where CI/ CD tools are used
- 2+ years experience in writing unit tests
- At least 2 years of working experience using cloud services
- Proven experience with performing code reviews and/or mentoring sessions (has dedicated a minimum of 25% of monthly time on this activity)
- 6+ months experience using Jira and Github
- Proficiency in the following skills and technologies is mandatory:
- Database knowledge in technology such as SQL Server/Oracle/MySQL/MongoDB/Cassandra
- SOA, EDA, and Design patterns
- Some experience in Linux, Django, REST and shell scripting
- Good proficiency in the English language
- MVC and knowledge of another server-side programming language (Ruby, PHP) is desired but not mandatory
- Demonstrate success as a problem solver
- Be a results-oriented individual
- Comfortable "working virtually" with teammates and customers around the world
- Has worked with back-end technologies and latest development frameworks