• Attend construction meetings
• Coordinates the delivery needs of all material to Construction Coordinator, checks deliveries against purchase orders to ensure correct delivery. Sub-Contractors and Vendors.
• Supervises and coordinates additional contracted personnel as necessary.
• Monitors all sub-contractors and required inspections.
• Inspects and monitors each phase of work to determine if quality standards are met and that projects is being done correctly and stays on schedule.
• Organize work plan, coordinating with Project Manager, for workers prior to their build day on site.
• Hold an orientation to begin each work day. Provide adequate supervision and training of volunteers on the job site. This includes holding an initial meeting with the workers at the beginning of the day to discuss the plan for the day, assign the appropriate amount of workers to tasks, description of safety guidelines, and assuring that duties are not being performed by unappropriated workers.
• Ensure that all work done meets all local building codes and all safety compliance requirements
• Must be comfortable using typical construction power tools and knowledge of the appropriate tools to be used for each task, as well as ability to construct scaffolding per safety guidelines.
• Accountable for safety of all personnel on job site. Must lead by example and follow all safety requirements
• Accountable for the job until Project Manager signs off on completed punch list.
Performs other appropriate duties and activities as assigned.
• Work is subject to completion based on quality inspections done by Project Manager at each stage of construction
• Supervise assigned staff, providing training, monitoring workload and assisting as needed.
• Perform management administrative responsibilities (e.g., performance appraisals, orientation, disciplinary recommendations, scheduling, etc.) for assigned employees.
• Conduct field inspections throughout the course of construction ensuring compliance with specifications and the use of certified materials.
• Plan, organize and supervise divisional programs for the Project manager
• Manage and coordinate special projects with contractor, engineering consultants and other local government agencies.
• Act as liaison with contractors to ensure that the construction procedures used meet the standards adopted by the Surveyor/Engineer.