Helping brands to become better connected
Consultant, Quantitative Research
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The Consultant will be responsible in playing a key role in delivering value added insights in research projects.
Tasked in finding and building new business opportunities for the clients and often owning more than one client accounts, he or she will support existing business and managing client relationships while contributing to the development of junior team members.
At Kantar TNS we understand consumer behaviour like nobody else. One of the world’s largest research agencies, we drive growth by helping our clients make the most of the moments that matter. Our global teams advise on everything from brand, communications and innovation to shopper activation and customer relationships.
Join us and you’ll be part of 30,000 colleagues and 12 world leading research, data and insight brands at Kantar. At the heart of WPP, our unique consumer insight inspires clients to flourish in an extraordinary world.
• In project planning and management: you will prioritize project requirements and delivery, determine tasks and actions for the team, allocate resources effectively, schedule and meet deadlines, brief support services, manage and evaluate project progress.
• In project design: you will provide sound research recommendations, apply appropriate research methodology and recommend appropriate TNS solutions.
• Act as an advisor in giving sound guidance on analysis techniques; contribute to strategic content of conclusions and recommendations and by adding value to research results.
• Manage client relations by acquiring relevant background knowledge and clear understanding of client business, relationship building, meeting deadlines, managing client expectations, and being responsible for liaising with clients on all aspects of the study – from briefing to presentation on overall client needs, not just per project.
• Identify skills gaps and growth potential of team members, involve executives and juniors alike in planning and design of project, provide on the job training.
• Set standards of excellence, ensuring high quality through thorough checking procedures, conducting detailed checks of proposals, questionnaires, discussion guides, presentations etc.
• Present both qualitative and quantitative studies to the marketing and research teams.
• Educated to a degree level, ideally in Marketing with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in market research.
• In order to add value, he or she would possess strategic thinking ability, a deep understanding of clients’ needs, able to multi-task and work under pressure.
• Able to manage projects and the team to contribute towards achievement of financial targets, through developing client relationships, managing key supplier relationships, as well as instilling a learning culture among the team.
• Possess presentation skills, basic commercial acumen and business writing skills in English.
• With strong attention to detail and excellent project management skills, the Business Manager (Research Manager) will also need to be analytical and be good with numbers.
At Kantar we have an integrated way of rewarding our people based around a simple, clear and consistent set of principles. Our approach helps to ensure we are market competitive and also to support a pay for performance culture, where your reward and career progression opportunities are linked to what you deliver.
We go beyond the obvious, using intelligence, passion and creativity to inspire new thinking and shape the world we live in. To apply for a career that’s out of the ordinary, please visit www.kantar.com/careers