Contracts Manager (004TVN)
Who are we?
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software.
In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency.
What do we stand for?
When you work for Schneider Electric you work for a company focused on its people. We are proud to promote diversity, inclusion and work-life integration – we’re a great place to work but we are continually striving to be the best place to work!
What is the role?
Based in Singapore, we have an opportunity for an individual to join the Schneider team in the capacity of Contracts Manager. Reporting to the Director of Contract Management Asia Pacific, you will be instrumental in driving successful project execution through consistent and commercially sound contract lifecycle management. Key responsibilities will include: At the tender phase:
- Propose commercial strategy for winning contractual set-up and work with the Legal team who will lead the contract review in accordance with the published RACI matrix
- Identify, review and mitigate financial, and tax related risks in consultation with the relevant subject matter experts;
- Support the finalization of contracts with customers or subcontractors in accordance with the rules of engagement and consultation with Legal and Solution Supply Chain;
- Liaise with Solutions Supply Chain to ensure back to back terms with key suppliers where appropriate;
- Review final contract against agreed and approved position;
- Perform a contract handover to the execution team, ensuring their understanding of key contractual aspects.
- At the execution phase:
- Administer the project execution against contractual rights and obligations;
- Ensure that contractual supply obligations are performed, properly documented and closely followed up;
- Support project manager on risk and opportunity identification and management;
- Identify, prepare, submit, and negotiate variation orders and claims with both customer and subcontractors in a timely and effective manner;
- Draft contractual correspondences
- Participate in project reviews, propose and support mitigation actions as required;
Ensure local tax, bonding, insurance & customs issues are identified and addressed.Why you?
- You are someone who gets excited by innovation. You are a highly driven and confident professional who wants to work for a values based organisation whose solutions are leading edge. You are focused, collaborative and passionate about the work that you do. In addition, you possess the following relevant skills:
- Degree qualifications in Finance, Business, Project Management or equivalent
- At least 8-10 years of relevant experience
- Extensive contract management experience within a multiple project environment
- Variation and Claims management experience in project execution
- Hands on project execution, tender response and risk assessment experience;
- Exceptional negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize work, multi-task across many assignments;
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.