We are looking for Database Chief Architects ($100k/year) who would revolutionize how database services are provided in the cloud. We expect you to push the limits of the technology and provide a high quality of service to all tenants while developing an architecture that is both highly reliable and simple.
A successful candidate should be able to proactively plan, implement, and maintain DB operational services, backup, and recovery; scaling and capacity planning activities, and administration and management of all database software patches and upgrades.
This role will also support the database application programming activities of engineering or professional services staff as needed. You must be able to handle heavy workloads, multi-task efficiently and be able to switch gears in a moment’s notice.Candidate Requirements:
Join our community of remote professionals!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with AWS Aurora Services for both MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with MSSQL on AWS.
- Hands-on experience with Oracle Database is considered a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in an architect or similar role in the last 5 years.
- Practical experience in monitoring and tuning databases to provide high availability service.