• Provide application support to various business users. Attend to business queries and business requests promptly. Follow through the business requests to a proper closure
• Work on timely resolution for reported incidents so as to meet service level targets. Incidents include failures & queries reported by business users and technical staff; event alerts automatically detected and reported by event monitoring tool
• Perform root cause analysis to identify permanent solution so as to prevent recurring incidents and to minimize the impact of incidents that cannot be prevented
• Ensure all incidents and problems are proactively managed – Prioritizing numerous issues of varying severity and escalate issues as appropriate to necessary teams and management
• Collaborate with the development team in identifying resolutions and transitioning of releases into production environment
• Participate in BCM activities or infrastructure related upgrade
• Responsible of capacity management. To monitor &analyze current performance and capacity data and forecast the capacity required by the applications ahead
• Aside from day-to-day support duties, there will be requirements to undertake other responsibilities such as management reporting & other centrally driven project initiatives as needed
• Degree in computer science/engineering or related disciplines.
• Min 5 years of experience in application development and support environment in business intelligence
Min 2 years experiences in Big Data using Cloudera (CDH 5.8 or above), Hive, Impala, HDFS, YARN, pig ,Sqoop, Oozie, Hbase, kafka, Map Reduce/Spark.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
• Excellent & proven Incident/Problem Management and organization skills a must
• Individual must have working experience in ETL, Data warehouse, Big Data and various business intelligence tools on Unix/Windows platforms.
• Mandatory Technical skills : Teradata, Informatica, Cloudera Hadoop, Oracle, Qliksense, Unix/Linux, AS400, Control-M and Shell scripting
Other skills for ETL, Datawarehouse, BI, and Big Data skills are good advantages