Qualification: Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Must have leadership qualities and must be able to manage and motivate a team of engineers to achieve results.
Must posses personal qualities of maturity and tact so as to participate in a teamwork environment and successfully relate to
overall company goals and objectives.
Minimum 7 years of working experience in a manufacturing environment.
DUTIES & TASKS Engineering
1. To establish and maintain overhaul/repair processes & maintenance. Possess capability of running the areas of
responsibility in a systematic and professional manner.
2. Develop and sustain a budget control system based on lowest possible operating cost. Train and control maintenance and engineering teams to work to budget and proper standards of workmanship.
3. Train, organize and motivate the maintenance and engineering personnel in obtaining all the necessary knowledge and skill required to participate in a working environment in which each individual is able to develop his full potential.
4. Ensure the company's regulations and procedures are properly administered and that an ongoing safety program consistent with corporate objectives is maintained.
5. Establish effective communication within the areas of responsibilities, and across the company. Maintain good communication and relationship with subordinates and peers.
6. Work closely with the production, quality assurance and customer support department to supply adequate materials and meet customer commitments on time
7. Co-ordinate with Operations, Customer Support, QA and other staff members in ensuring success in the overhaul & repair program.
8. Maintain an ongoing engineering program to reduce overhaul and repair costs whilst maintaining proper product quality and reliability in relation to establish standards, record any product quality issues. Initiate, recommend or provide solutions and
revise specifications to reflect current implementations.
9. Develop and execute engineering programs to ensure highest possible product yield, quality and reliability to meet customer requirements.
10. Monitor the product/process yield and reliability and take appropriate corrective action and preventive action for continuous improvement
10. Develop and implement new assembly techniques using improvised tooling and fixtures to improve efficiency, yield, quality and reliability.
11. Evaluate, develop and implement use of new advanced material with the lowest possible cost.
12. Upkeep with the technology and introduce relevant technologies and skills to the operations team.
13. Manage project related to Product, Material and Process development.
- To provide effective utilization of equipment by maximizing uptime, equipment upgrade, trouble shooting and preventive maintenance schedule and adequate training of maintenance team.
2. Plan and execute Preventive Maintenance programs to ensure maximum equipment uptime.
3. Ensure that the equipment type are flexible and standardized to provide maximum utilization and flexibility.
4. Recommend equipment changes, modifications, improvements to achieve higher product yield, Unit per Hour, quality and reliability.
5. Trouble shooting and repair.
6. Manage project related to Equipment and Facility.
- Obtain the best quality, service and value of products and services through effective negotiation and supplier management. Identify overhaul and repair needs and identify & select through the effective use of the Purchase Requisition systems.
1. Centralized buyer for the facility by obtaining the best quality, service and value for products and services through effective bidding, negotiation and supplier management
2. Identifies and recommends suppliers by investigating potential suppliers, researching parts, equipment, machinery, services and materials availability. Develop potential suppliers' list and initiates formal requests for quotation or proposal.
3. Conducts supplier site visits and evaluates them as to production capability, performance, delivery, and other key business criterias.
4.Purchases parts, equipment, and materials by preparing request for quotations and submitting purchase orders with approved suppliers. Issues purchase orders and agreements that accurately reflect price, schedule, terms
5. Evaluates bids for standard and non-standard items. Selects suppliers for a variety of moderately complex or technical materials, supplies or services and negotiates price, delivery, quality and service.
6. Monitors and evaluate supplier performance. Advises appropriate personnel of impending supplier failure to fulfill contractual agreements that may delay production or delivery.
7. Negotiates and settles damage claims rejections, losses, return of materials, over-shipments, cancellations and engineering changes with suppliers.
8. Prepares moderately complex reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. Provides parts, equipment, and materials information by answering questions and requests.
9. Solicits and evaluates proposals/quotations from suppliers and negotiates prices and terms to achieve optimum results for the company. Prepares and conducts market surveys to gather or provide information necessary to select suppliers or subcontractors.
10. Negotiates long term contract agreements with key suppliers to obtain effective prices, terms, products and services.
11. Arrange, schedule and conduct supplier audit for approval of new suppliers or re-certification of existing suppliers
12. Applies continuous improvement techniques and methods to internal processes and procurement systems to increase efficiency and customer service and to reduce costs.
13. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing trade publications, establishing networks, and/or participating in professional associations.
14. Complies with federal, state and aerospace industry regulations; ensures adherence to requirements and advises management on needed actions. Complies with Government/Commercial Practices Manual ( GPM/CPM ) policies and procedures.
15. Shares specialized knowledge with others. Represents company on specific projects. Trains new employees on Engineering & Procurement matters. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities
16. Facilitate High Performance Teams (HPT) and involved in Lean implementation
17. Other job functions that may be assigned by the Director of Business & Operations