In charge of organizing and managing all areas of the Financial Accounting, Reporting and Internal control function such as, but not limited to general accounting, management accounting, tax management, statutory reporting and internal controls and procedures and information management. Key Responsibilities:
Financial Control and Compliance
• Ensure proper documentation, communication and implementation of all relevant Finance & Accounting policies and procedures and manage the implementation and periodic review to ensure compliance.
• Work with CFO to design/maintain efficient and effective accounting policies and procedures consistent with corporate policies, identify and measure key process metrics to monitor process performance.
• Collaborate with Legal in maintaining all MSA records and ensure all commercial provisions are aligned with billing.
• Liaise and manage engagements with external auditors and government agencies; Work with the external and other statutory auditors and ensure responsiveness on queries and requirements.
• Secure support and alignment with various operational stakeholders to harmonize and standardize internal processes and procedures employing best practices and change management procedures to embed across the organization. Tax Management and Statutory Reporting
• Proactively work with CFO, Legal or Tax Advisors to mitigate all tax risks, including identification of appropriate transfer taxes and documentation for intercompany billing and collection.
• Ensure propriety, validity and accuracy of tax returns and other statutory reports, supporting documentation for corporate, local & national taxes and related journal vouchers for posting into the ledger, and timely filing and payments.
• Collaborate with CFO & Legal to ensure compliance with statutory requirements and other local/ secretarial requirements. General Accounting and Reportin
• Responsible for the company’s General Accounting system, financial reporting requirements, financial analysis, internal control, and tax matters.
• Work together with CFO to plan, prepare and review the annual budget and assists in the periodic updating of the forecasts;
• Manage the accounts receivable function. Monitor that payments are received on time;
• Review and Approve all journal, check vouchers and ensure adequacy of supporting documentation and audit trail.
• Review and provide management reports (e.g. profit & loss (actuals vs forecast), balance sheet, expenses etc.) to stakeholders as required
• Review/approve disbursements to ensure these are valid and appropriately documented and approved according to corporate policies.
• Manage the month-end closing calendar, process & review routines to ensure all transactions are captured on a timely basis.
• Three or more years experience within related technical/functional work areas including general accounting, management and tax accounting as well as Internal Control.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy from an accredited College or University.