Work Location: Penang
Position: Hadoop Developer
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Developing database objects and structures for data storage, retrieval and reporting according to project specifications
• Implementing and testing database design and functionality, and tuning for performance
• Providing support to database administrators and interfacing with business users to ensure the database is satisfying business requirements
• Designing and developing back-end database interfaces to web and e-commerce applications
• Demonstrates deep knowledge of Data Warehouse and Data Lake concepts, Big data, architecture, techniques, various design alternatives, and overall data warehouse strategies.
• Demonstrates deep knowledge of the Hadoop Ecosystem.
• Database developers need a thorough understanding of relational database theory and practice.
• They must be analytical and adept at problem solving.
• Candidate should be good communicator.
• Minimum of 5 or more years working as a member of a Hadoop development team
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
• Experience and insight into designing, implementing and supporting highly scalable infrastructure Services
Hands on experience on development and support of Data Lakes, using Hadoop ecosystem, HDFS, Hive, impala, Kafka, Kudu, Spark. ( Cloudera desirable ).
Experience designing data solutions on Big data environments.
Experience on ETL / ELT process using Spark to load data into Hadoop.
• Familiarity and experience with major enterprise database programs, such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle or IBM DB2, are essential, and professional certification (Microsoft Certified Database Administrator or Oracle Database Administrator Certified Professional.
• Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Computer Science/Information Technology, Engineering (Computer/Telecommunication) or equivalent.
• Required skill(s): spark, Hadoop ecosystem, HDFS, Hive, impala.
• At least 5 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.