The Japanese Translator is responsible for maintaining integrity and producing quality assets for the language he or she is in charge of. Must be a native Japanese speaker, fluent in English, and must have a strong command of both languages.
● Japanese Translator will proofread and QC products and services, including but not limited to subtitles, captions, dubbing scripts, etc to ensure quality (linguistic and technical)
● Identify and report all linguistic errors (missing texts and translations, spelling & grammar mistakes, linguistic consistency (text & audio)
● Proactively work on assignments throughout the life-cycle and provide feedback, whether linguistic or technical, to translators, proofreaders and QCers
● Work in tandem with Project Coordinators and Project Managers with tasks and project deliveries
● Produce assets that adhere to client’s guidelines and specifications and deliver files on time to clients as needed
● Independent Contractors must be able to finalize files before delivery
● Report progress of the given tasks and be able to perform other related duties
● Working experience in translation/linguistics/editing preferred
● Excellent writing and proofreading skills
● Able to work projects with deadline in a fast-paced environment.