We're running an Online Hiring Event this Saturday, to hire Java Software Engineering Manager ($100K/yr)
Online Hiring Events are live forums designed to enable you to understand the role and requirements through an interactive Q&A session followed by a self-directed testing process. The testing takes between 3-5 hours to complete. It’s worth taking the time to finish all the tests because we evaluate every single complete application to find the top talent.
This event will include all testing required to apply for the role. Upon grading the tests, and if you advance, we will set up an interview with the hiring manager.
The Java Software Engineering Manager will serve as a key member of our global executive team and will be responsible to deliver high-quality products.
This leadership position demands proficiency to conduct tech reviews, improve productivity from your engineering organization and guide a global talented pool of professionals to solve business problems continuously.
We are looking for hands-on leaders with a robust Cloud background, who are comfortable with aggressive weekly targets and have the ability to leverage their technical depth to set the standard for software engineering excellence.Candidate Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (MS or Ph.D. preferred) is absolutely mandatory.
- 10+ years of experience in hands-on software development/engineering
- 3+ years experience in leading software development teams
- Experience in managing teams of 10+ people
- 3+ years of experience releasing software products within a CI/CD environment
- Hands-on experience in Java architecture and programming
- Proven experience in building high-performance teams and scalable best engineering practices
- Excellent understanding of current enterprise software technologies and development practices/tools, including virtualization, source control, build and test automation, code quality automation technologies
- Experience with high-end enterprise systems deployed in environments of Global 100 corporation complexity
- Proficiency in Test Automation, AWS and TDD is desired but not mandatory
- Demonstrated success as a problem solver, result-oriented, self-starter
- Comfortable "working virtually" with teammates and customers around the world. We do a lot of Skype and video conferencing
- Good proficiency in the English language
These are the recommended and minimum system requirements for participating in the online hiring event.
- Any IDEBootcamp Program:
To apply for a role at Crossover, you will go through a series of online tests, usually during the online hiring event. If you pass these tests, you will be offered the opportunity to participate in our four-full-time week Bootcamp training program. This is elite training taught by our top instructors.
Here’s what our graduates have to say about Bootcamp:
"I am very pleased to say that because of Crossover's unorthodox and unique way of transferring the knowledge through (Paired sessions, coaching sessions with CSMs), I have never been more confident in my technical skills and abilities for my role."
"The CTO Bootcamp was another thing that motivated me. I wanted to see how CTOs across the globe work and learn from them."
"I've been with the company since Aug (been part of the second Bootcamp) and since then I've learned SQL, databases, servers, tapes, other content management systems etc- and that's only been in 3 months. Usually when I'm in a new company, I learned a lot about their platform, their tools etc during the length of my time with them but never at this speed!"
It is offered as soon as you want to get started. You will be compensated for 40 hrs/ week at the hourly rate for the role you are applying to. Bootcamp training is an excellent opportunity to learn about our culture, expectations, tools, processes, and procedures. It's an intensive and demanding program, but every graduate is guaranteed a job at the end of it.
Join our community of remote professionals!
We have over 4,000 Crossover team members and are growing our network around the world.