Försäkringsgirot (www.fgirot.se) is a service company specializing in the insurance industry. Försäkringsgirot is owned by Sweden’s four biggest insurance companies: SPP, SEB Pension & Försäkring, Länsförsäkringar and Skandia. Their mission is clear and is about to push digitization with a common platform with full transparency and customer focus. FörsäkringsGirot handles audits and administration regarding occupational pensions and is the leading company in Sweden in this field. Specialties are (Insurance and pension administration, Administrative Services and Systems, Premium Central, Consulting).
We are currently assisting Försäkringsgirot to expand their existing team in Malaysia in hiring a Junior Java EE Developer.
You will be part of a team that is responsible for implementation of new functionality in a legacy system, keeping up with rules and regulations as well as business demands. There will also be work concerning migrating functionality to a new technical platform. The current platform is built on JAVA SE 8, Spring 4.0 and Maven 3.
The bulk of the work will be with back-end server software with heavy business logic. You should also be able to navigate through the existing Java Swing-based UI client, have a high degree of attention to detail, interact with internal users, and ultimately develop the new system. As we seek to re-engineer our existing platform, the ideal candidate should have the ability to logically analyse and solve complex business issues independently and translate the solutions to efficient and maintainable code.
You will be a vital part of the software development efforts in Kuala Lumpur and you will be working in a cross functional, agile team, with colleagues and Product Owner located in Sweden and Kuala Lumpur. Therefore, you should exhibit excellent communication skills and possess the self-motivation to remain current in both application development practices and technology industry standards.
Preference will be given to candidates who have a combination of the following skills/experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other technical fields
- 1-2 years of hands-on experience in enterprise level JAVA development
- Backend development with SQL and basic queries
- Experience with REST API
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Self-learner attitude coupled with strong orientation to business processes
- Excellence is required in analytical abilities, verbal and written communications (including documentation), interpersonal relationship skills, and teamwork
Nice to have:
- Familiar with Spring, Spring boot
- Front end development with Java Swing, WEB Spring MVC, Angular.JS, JSP
- Middle tier development with J2EE, Spring-Core, Web Services XML
- Experience with UI testing frameworks
- Prior experience with Java Swing
- Interest in financial/insurance and pension markets
- Analytical problem-solving skills
- Willing to adapt to an Agile environment - mindset of being more open to change, being more accepting of different things that come their way
- Not afraid to speak up
- Mindset is the most important – drive to development is very important
- You may be required to travel to Sweden depending on project requirement.