is a Nordic bank with strong local roots and bridges to the rest of the world. For more than 145 years, we have helped people and businesses in the Nordics realise their ambitions. Today, we serve personal, business and institutional customers and in addition to banking services, we offer life insurance and pension, mortgage credit, wealth management, real estate and leasing services.
In Denmark, Danske Bank’s roots go back to 1871, when Den Danske Landmandsbank was founded. Through the years, the bank has grown through mergers with many local and regional banks. One of the most important mergers took place in 1990, when Den Danske Landmandsbank merged with two other major Danish banks, making Danske Bank the largest bank in Denmark.
Danica Pension is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Danske Bank Group. We have regional offices in large towns around Denmark and subsidiaries in Norway and Sweden, where we are seeing strong growth.
With more than 600,000 customers, we are one of the largest pension companies in Denmark. We specialise in pensions; life insurance and health insurance and we have total pension funds of DKK 380 billion and annual contributions of DKK 33.8 billion. Danica Pension employs some 700 people.
We are looking for an IT professional to join our mainframe development team in Kuala Lumpur. The applications are built on IBM mainframe running z/OS, developed in PL1, COBOL and CICS, against DB2.
This incumbent needs to be capable to cover business analysis and software development, covering areas functional specification, design and technical specification, coding, documentation and testing.
Each team member would have solid COBOL/PL1 experience. They would have the same core experience in their own field. You would be also working concurrently with the team in Denmark.
Relevant hands on experience in COBOL/PL1
- Must have experience in JCL and TSO
- Has strong experience in deploying both online and batch processing applications
- Must be theoretically sound and possesses good analytical skills
- The candidate must be willing to work end to end in projects and have interest in the management of tasks and management of small / medium d projects
It is important that you:
- Are professional, quality conscious, systematic and analytical
- Have collaborative skills and experience
- Self-motivated to remain current in both the application development practices and industry standard technology practices
Nice to have:
- Experience within the Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI) sector
- Working experience in a Scrum/Agile development environment
- Work seamlessly with SQL and DB2
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- A self-starter with minimal supervision
- Mentoring peers
- Solid team player
- Attitude to learn and execute
- Analytical problem-solving skills
- Like to work in a dynamic and an international environment
- Work autonomously and attentive to details
- B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or another technical field.
- You may be required to travel to Europe depending on project requirement