Major duties and responsibilities
- Together with other members of the Systems Development Team and the Development Centre Manager, develop software applications that are reliable and consistent with the Chubb standards and guidelines. This includes discussing business requirements with the business users, as well as the development and testing of applications. This role will predominantly assist Chubb business units and departments to achieve their strategic objectives, by providing them with Information Application Technology services and hence help to build company business plans and profits.
- Understand Chubb business workflows and processes.
- Understand Chubb data workflows.
- Analyze and /or design and/or implement (or assist Project Team members to do so) IT Systems Development Projects.
- Provide maintenance and support services to Application systems used by the region
- Liaise with IT Department infrastructure and development team members to ensure that appropriate Chubb systems standards are continually being met and security is not compromised.
- Oversee appropriate administrative tasks associated with Chubb application usage
- Design and develop web applications and apply web application tools and technologies wherever possible.
- Advise or recommend the purchase of new technologies where appropriate and required.
- Liaise with business units and encourage them to consider and appreciate strengths and weaknesses of Information Technologies.
- Stay abreast of new information technologies and methods.
Manage stakeholders in major projects and ensure they are kept up to date with progress against plans and that any issues are communicated effectively to them.
Other duties as assigned.Reporting Relationships
Reports to: Helen Sonia Trevor – Manager - MiDCSkills
- Excellent formal and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be self motivated
- Must be a team player
Must be familiar with :
- Familiar with insurance workflow processes.
- Understanding of Windows Server 2008, 2012 or higher Operating Systems
- Experience in SQL Server Reporting Services and Analysis Services
a. System specification and analysis procedures
b. Object oriented programming methods and languages
c. Systems Software Specification Lifecycle
d. Web development technologiesQualifications
- Good working knowledge of the Windows XP or Windows 7 Operating Systems.
- At least 3 – 5 years working experience in application development.
- Computer Science Degree or similar.
- Knowledge, experience and understanding of the Microsoft .NET development platform preferably in ASP.NET 1.0, 2.0, 3.5 or higher and C# in particular.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012 or higher Database Server.
The Employee acknowledges that this position may develop to include other tasks, which are commensurate with the Employee’s abilities, in addition to those recorded in this position description.