Network Security Architect
This role requires expertise in network and security architecture and engineering. This candidate will work with a small team to architect and deploy managed security gateways that leverage next generation security extensions. In cases where firewalls are already deployed, architects will be tasked with re-engineering or enhancing existing infrastructure to comply with global standards. It will be essential that the candidate has enterprise or datacenter LAN and WAN experience to facilitate proper integration of the security gateways. The candidate will deploy standardized and custom policies to accommodate customer needs. After the infrastructure has been handed to service operations, the team will still be called upon for continual service improvement. Architects may also be a point of escalation for chronic or complex issues.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
Network Security Architecture
• Engage practice office representatives to determine security design
• Assess existing solutions, if present, and determine if integration is practical
• Refine existing documentation or create documentation to depict current environment
• Recommend right d firewall appliances if replacement is required or in a greenfield environment
• Recommend augmentation of existing solutions, if practical, in order to scale
• Recommend and coordinate replacement of existing solutions. This may include migration to a different platform, i.e. Cisco to Checkpoint
• Document installation, augmentation, migration or integration plan
• Provide virtual hands-on support to execute the plan.
• Provide visibility and insight to assist member firms with firewall activity and usage information.
• Follow through with firm and vendor resources to close out availability, performance, and security incidents.
• Able to communicate and work with customers and peers in different time zone and countries,
• Accountable for execution according to established standards, procedures, and processes
• Report, pursue, communicate, and when needed escalate any breaches in information security or policies
• Effectively communicate with all levels of staff, management and leadership
Additional responsibilities regardless of team include:
• Cross-Functional support for development and implementation of systems
• Ensure SOC firewalls services and systems are always available and reliable
• Participate in planned "Systems Day" and other maintenance activities
• Due to the global nature of the business, off hours support will be required but we have flexibility
• Responsible for awareness and compliance to policy and guidelines of the ISMS
• Adhere to established incident management SLA and SLOs.
• Has good documentation skills and able to document the troubleshooting/process related documents for the team.
• Work with and coach others
• Participation in global working groups responsible for the deployment and development of SOC systems and infrastructure
• Provide input into peer performance reviews
• Mentoring of staff on technical process and procedures.
Knowledge Sharing / Documentation
• Contribute to, produce and maintain processes, procedures, operational and architectural documentation, that meet SOC Standards.
• Change Control - Ensure compliance with processes and adherence to standards and documentation
• Assist in training new staff in technical processes and procedures
• Work with SOC leadership and applications teams in reviewing new documentation
* The responsibilities listed here represent a core set of duties for this position. Responsibilities may be added or modified based upon business needs. Other duties may be assigned by managers of this role at their discretion
• Bachelor’s Degree/College Diploma in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
Years of Experience*: 6+
* Number of years’ experience is provided as a guideline for hiring managers and represents the amount of experience typically needed to be successful in this role. Candidates with more or less years of experience may be considered based upon education, unique skills or other factors to be determined at time of hire.
• Has advanced understanding of network and firewall technologies
• Has ability to manage firewall Next Gen features like URL Filtering, IPS, etc.
• Has recent work experience with one or more the following firewall technologies: Cisco ASA, Check and Palo Alto.
• Candidate should possess methodical troubleshooting skills that they would apply during network outages and incidents.
• Awareness of related policies and standards; Demonstrates ability to apply established processes, activities and techniques; Understanding of the tools and resources available to execute the processes, activities and techniques
• Understanding of reporting and analysis. Ability to use reporting tools to collect data and to provide output with in depth analysis.
• Demonstrates mastery of IT Governance concepts and ability to ask appropriate questions to adhere to governance; Understanding of how governance has been implemented within the SOC and has the knowledge to be a point of escalation
• Ability to utilize and understand the capabilities of performance management tools. Ability to create test criteria, validate performance tests
• Understands technology and technical concepts; Communicates effectively with stakeholders and team members regarding technical concepts
• Professional Qualifications are preferred, including:
o Cisco Network Qualifications – CCNP/CCIE
o Check Point Qualifications – CCSA/CCSE
o (ISC)² - CISSP
o Linux Qualifications
• ITIL Managers Qualification