• Purchases of goods and services. Ensure the company obtains quality products for competitive prices in a timely fashion. Manages supply chain and stores. Plays an integral role in ensuring the company sticks to budgets and operates profitably.
• Liaises with key company employees to determine products and service’s needs.
• Nurtures relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for the company.
• Develops new suppliers for raw materials, equipment and services to meet company's goals.
• Monitors business trends and indexes as well as products availability.
• Attend to the complaints and claims immediately should there be any quality problem with purchases.
• Ensures ISO 9001 and food safety system requirements are followed accordingly.
• Prepares reports related to the performance of purchasing department.
• Reports to the Managing Director.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Aged below 40 years, Degree in any discipline.
• Should have at least 2-3 years working experience in similar capacity in the manufacturing industry. Those without the above qualification but having worked in a purchasing department in the manufacturing industry for more than 5 years will be considered.
• People person, good at networking, excellent written and oral communication skills, good business instincts, good negotiator.
• Data analysis, mathematics skills, financial analysis skills, understanding of supply chain management procedures. logistics skills, strategic planning abilities.
• Knowledge of supply management software :-
• a) Database management
• b) Inventory management,
• c) Procurement, Project management
• d) Enterprise Resource planning
• e) General office Programs
• Specialized packaging industry knowledge is a big plus.
• Familiar with logistics and supply chain management.
Walkin for you