_ At least 2 years’ experience in Purchasing Dept. of a shipping company as Purchasing Officer or Purchasing Operator.
_ Experienced with procedures for Marine industrial products and Foods.
_ Extensive knowledge of Worldwide ship supplies Markets.
_ Education Technical background is preferable.
_ Knowledge of Marine ERP’s or similar system would be an advantage
_ Proven ability to manage effectively across diverse cultural teams taking into account multicultural values and norms.
_ Strong interpersonal skills.
_ Good organizational skills.
1. Liaise with the various Dept. and Ship Managers in the office and Masters and/ or Chief Eng. onboard ships for the procurement and supply of ships Provisions and Stores (Cabin, Deck, Engine, Electrical, Safety, Paints, Chemicals etc.).
2. Receives via ERP or via Communication System Requisitions from the vessels, checks for mistakes and discrepancies and handling them in order the vessel to be supplied in calling Port.
3. Communicate with Suppliers for information /specifications and specific offers per item, evaluates the offers and place the orders, deal with problems in a timely manner.
4. Source goods in Local Market or Worldwide that result in the right value for the ships and company being mindful that goods need to have the required standards to maintain the standards of safety and reliability and be mindful of the need for economy.
5. Call for and receive and evaluate quotations and tenders to select the best match and value that meet the standards required as laid down by the company’s policy and as directed by General Manager or Supervisor.
6. Track, monitor and follow up on the purchasing requests until close out to ensure all ships PO’s are properly closed out by ships.
7. Maintain purchasing procedures and requirements to ensure a Smooth flow of procurement process and full compliance with the company’s Policy.
8. Maintain the supply schedule of the vessels monitoring their itineraries and their 3 month’s needs.
9. Report on non-conformance and provide data for evaluation to improve the performance of the procurement processes.
10. Ensures that all purchasing is in compliance with regulations and laws related to Singapore State and in accordance with company’s standard practices.
11. Analyzes current procurement activities and recommends improvement through more efficient procurement methods, quantity discounts, standardization, value analysis and cooperative purchasing
12. Verify supplier’s invoices for accuracy when needed.
13. Reports to Purchasing Manager of the company.
If you meet the requirements, please email your updated CV to Recruit1@acexcellent.sg