RELEASE IMPLEMENTATION ANALYST
The Application Release Control Team (ARCT) is part of Global Technology and their role is to act as gatekeepers to the client user acceptance test and production environments. Following a defined set of standards, the Application Release Control Team adheres to specific procedures when deploying application changes through user acceptance test environments to production.
The team also provide an escalation point to the test environment support service, infrastructure change approval and coordination of application teams to support some infrastructure initiatives.
Overview of role
The Application Release Implementation Analyst role is to carry out Application release control procedures within the Application Delivery function (specifically within the managed user acceptance test and production environments) in a diligent manner to agreed service levels and standards.
Key duties include the following:
• To deploy code to the managed user acceptance test and production environments by following documented procedures and specific deployment instructions.
• To gain an excellent understanding of Group and department standards, audit requirements and Application Delivery team procedures. To work in a compliant manner and guide IT Application developers and IT support staff in compliant release methods.
• To facilitate the delivery of projects, by carrying out the deployment of software, from system testing sign off to production implementation, including liaison with IT production support staff and infrastructure deployment teams.
• To document release control procedures for new IT applications and new technologies.
The role holder will be responsible for planning their own workload typically against a backdrop of changing priorities and / or external events.
The role holder will be required to be flexible and able to adapt to meet project requirements in regard to delivering change both in and outside business hours.
The role holder will be required to make judgments in situations that are well precedented and uncontentious. The role holder would be expected to ask for assistance in anything complex or out of the ordinary.
Please note this is a typical shift rotation role **
Shift may start at 7-4 & 3-11 (the order of the shift may vary ) ..
** Candidate may be sent for training to Singapore for the role **
Proficient in Microsoft Office tools including Outlook.
A pragmatic flexible approach.
Good communication skills.
Good organisational skills
Attention to detail.
Able to work both independently and within a team.
An understanding of the development lifecycle, and an agile methodology.
An understanding of SQL language
Knowledge of Microsoft SQL server & Knowledge of Oracle RDBMS
Knowledge of one or more version control tools preferably Team Foundation Server.
****Basically a Release Co-ordinator with following skills***
• MS SQL, Oracle, IIS
• PowerShell knowledge.
• Version control : Team Foundation Server
• Service Now ITSM
• Octopus Deploy (cloud based deployment automation, similar to Jenkins)
• ++ Communications skill
Experience of one or more of the following applications :
• Octopus Deploy
• SQL Reporting
Understanding of IIS.
Automate Scheduling tool
Walkin for you