Senior Database Administrator
1. Receive general instruction for new responsibilities from supervisor and administer complex DBMS.
2. Initiate new responsibilities and help improve service level to customers.
3. Assume the database team lead role to lead and mentor junior DBAs for the operation support.
4. Implement service continuity measures, i.e., backup/restore procedures & disaster recovery plan, to ensure continuous operation of the business.
5. Lead and facilitate root cause analysis & implement pro-active measures. Monitor effectiveness of implemented measures.
6. Provide and lead on database systems related technical advice to customers or project teams for complex issues.
7. Plan, design, install, test & implement database systems in accordance to specifications & service level. Where applicable, perform the necessary database scripting & configuration.
8. Plan & implement service continuity measures, i.e., backup/restore procedures & disaster recovery plan, to ensure continuous operation of the business.
9. Establish facility management database standards/best practices to ensure operation consistency across projects/facility management teams.
10. Provide database troubleshooting, performance tuning and consultancy.
11. Assume team lead DBA role.
12. 24x7 Support
Education and Qualifications:
Minimum DiplomaWork Experience:
- Minimum 5-8 years database IT related experience
- Able to work under pressure and odd hours
Technical / Professional Skills
Please provide at least 3
Good to have
- MS SQL Server
- My SQL
Other Task-Specific Knowledge
- Certified DBA
- Non-Technical / Soft Skills
- Good team player/leader
- Self learner
- Oracle database administration
- MS SQL Server database administration