As the Senior DB2 Database Administrator, You Will:
• 6+ years’ experience as DB2 Database Administrator supporting large systems on mainframe and open systems
• 5+ years’ experience installing and patching DB2databases
• Banking industry experience preferred
• Maintain skills in DB2 applications process design and configuration; DB2 application design, development, integration, testing and deployment; DB2 application technical architecture.
• Design, implement and deploy DB2 solutions to achieve defined business goals.
• Adapt existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
• Understands the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
• Grow and lead the maturity of the DB2 DBA team working as subject matter expert training other DB2 DBA’s on and off shore to fully support DB2 environment.
• Work on database improvements and strategy to upgrade all DB2 databases to supported release. Participate in the future of the DB2 architecture and help develop and maintain DB2 database roadmap. Providing roadmap to help sunset DB2 as we migrate to more strategic database platform such as Oracle or MS SQL Server.
• Deliver timely and innovative solutions for Bank’s DB2 database environments.
• Foster strong business partner relationships by communicating in easy to understand retail business terms and backup communication with actions that result in high sense of urgency and extraordinary business confidence.
• Deliver high quality results on DB2 database platform, as well as, document results, and train other team members on how to support DB2 on mainframe in Open Systems.
• Drive performance through the following metrics:
o Focus on service desk ticket reduction, and reduced time to close open tickets/issues.
o Deliver projects on time.
o Deliver projects that consistently make user expected SLAs.
o Deliver projects with thorough documentation and run books (easy identification of business impact of system failures).
o Provide 24X7 on-call production support for DB2 platform.
o Maintain backup and recovery process, including Disaster Recovery.