POSITION GENERAL SUMMARY
- Develop and implement marketing plan and strategies to further improve sales, support the development of Company Commercial Model and strengthen communication strategy to provide end-to-end information throughout customer's journey to and through the airport
- Develop and implement marketing plan and strategies to drive advertising revenue, introduce new advertising mediums, determine sustainable business partners and establish profitable advertising business models
- Develop and manage strategic channel management
- Manage internal and external communications to ensure effective and efficient implementation of commercial initiatives
- Develop and establish commercial personnel of high performance with business mindset to ensure effective, sustainable and profitable management of commercial business
- Develop and/or manage any other responsibilities/duties as required to improve the overall commercial business performance
- Ancillary unit will maximise various Platforms i.e. KLIA TV, advertising panels in the airports, short term promotional tenants’ booth/kiosks as well as space selling for short term for marketing messages, campaigns and exhibitions.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
- Assist the General Manager in identifying & creating value added opportunities to enhance sales and service
- Monitor tenants/concessionaires business performance to drive/achieve sales and royalty
- Understand Partners’ respective Business Models & further develop the business through integrated transformation strategies
- Assist in developing; building & enhancing concessionaires performance vis-à-vis Commercial Strategic Planning & Operations Planning
- Act as a focal point/main liaison in relation to sales & service related matters between Concessionaires & other Commercial Units as well as other Divisions
- Informative & resourceful in terms of providing valuable data to Concessionaires
- Attend to any leasing matters arise from tenants/internal units
- Analyze sales performance data from commercial management report and make recommendations to management from the findings
- Lead the organising of AIrport Study Tour abroad for Concessionaire to experience international standards
- Organise Quarterly Category Meetings with all Concessionaires at all International Airports to update score cards vis a vis Global Performance as part of business relations
- Understanding the margins of each product category to enhance revenue potential
- To drive concessionaires to achieve baseline & royalty
- Communicates the client’s goals and represents the client’s interests to the commercial team.
- Provides regular two-way communication between the tenant and team, to provide strong team representation and set proper tenant expectations.
- Responsible for client communications, conflict resolution, and compliance on tenant deliverables and revenue in terms of business services only (not to include with operational matters).
- Senior Managers of Internal Units within Commercial servicesFROM
- Business Planning Unit, Project Management, Tender Mgt Unit, Marketing, Contract Management Unit, Customer Experience Unit, Credit and SystemPURPOSE
– As BRU is the first contact point for all tenants, BRU is required to front Commercial Services when liaising with tenants/concessionaires Issues, proposals, extension of contract, information etc.WHO
- GM/SM of internal divisions within CompanyFROM
- Internal divisions within Company eg. Terminal, PR, Engineering etcPURPOSE
- Coordination works as and when requireWHO
– Tenants from various companiesPURPOSE
- Developing total relationship in enhancing sales & serviceCompetencies
- Commercial Management
- Commercial Orientation
- Contract Management
- Customer Centricity
- Develops and Empowers
- Driving Excellence
- Events Management
- Marketing Communication
- Possesses leadership and good managerial skills.
- Business savvy with knowledge in commercial matters.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- 5 years Managerial experience in Airport Commercial /Retail Management and/or a multi retail outlet establishment
- Possess strong business acumen, creative thinking, analytical skills, negotiation skills, communication skills, leadership skills and able to work under pressure and independently
- Degree or equivalent with 5 years related experience
- Master In Business Administration (MBA) will be an added advantage