• Analyze IT specifications to assess security risks.
• Install, configure and upgrade security solutions (e.g. antivirus programs/patches, Identity and access mgmt. tool, MDM).
• Study, propose and implement new security solutions like NGFW, DLP, encryption.
• Monitor network activity to identify issues early and communicate them to IT teams.
• Review firewall policies and highlight risks to network ops to amend as necessary.
• Run pen testing using various tools in use and highlight/resolve vulnerabilities.
• Draft IT security policies and guidelines.
• Ensuring information systems reliability and accessibility and preventing and defending against unauthorized access to systems,
networks, and data.
• Conducting risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and
• Promoting awareness of information security issues among staff and ensuring the understand and adhere to systems security policies
• Assessing security events/alarms to determine impact and implementing corrective actions.
• Ensuring Personally identifiable information (PII) and Privacy data sharing are protected.
• Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree in
Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
• Proven experience as an IT Security Specialist.
• Identity and access mgmt. solution working knowledge.
• Familiarity with security frameworks (e.g. NIST Cybersecurity framework) and risk management methodologies.
• Experienced in active directory, patch management, firewalls and intrusion detection/prevention systems like SCCM/BigFix/Palo
• Familiarity with public key infrastructure (PKI) and cryptographic protocols (e.g. SSL/ TLS).
• Experience in a SOC environment would be an advantage.
• Experience with cloud-based platforms like AWS and O365 is a plus.
• An analytical mind with excellent problem-solving ability.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in multicultural settings. Strong English communication is a must.
• Preferably those with at least 7-8 years working experiences in the field.
• The candidate must be willing to work at Bayan Baru, Penang