The Senior Architect needs to be a hands-on technology leader with experience in third party system integrations, back-end operation architecture, data pipelines and consumer-facing front-end interfaces to lead the strategy, evolution and on-going development of the next generation platforms & services. Below are the core expectations from this role:
* Technical Leadership: Provide strong tecnical guidance, including making high-level design & architecture choices. Ensure that the appropriate design principles and engineering practices are adhered to, and that there is direction and alignment for each product. Be on the lookout for significant technology impediments and scalability issues that need attention
* Development Guidance: Provide architectural blueprints and technical leadership to the team. Be responsible for creating or selecting the most appropriate architecture for our front-end and backend systems. Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform
* Mentoring: insipre, mentor, encourage the team to apply appropriate coding best practices. Define and shape the development methodology & set standards to produce high quality code & features as per requirements
* Software Quality: Perform regular code, design & architecture reviews to ensure high quality software - that is extensible, scalable, reliable & secure - is being developed. Look into existing systems and come up with areas for improvement and suggest proposals to address them. Troubleshoot code level problems quickly & efficiently
I* nvestments in Platforms: Evaluate and identify software services, solutions and tools the company should be investing in and integrate with. Work closely with the leadership team to explain the benefits and justify the investments in softwares
Job Requirement :
- 8+ years experience designing and building robust software applications
- Proven ability guiding, influencing and leading small, early-stage engineering teams
- Sound knowledge of C++, object-oriented programs, SQL, web application development, security and open source technologies
- A strong understanding of several technology stacks is a must
- Experience designing scalable microservices architectures on public cloud infrastructure, along with expertise in the architecting platforms consisting of internal and third party components without performance issues
- Preferably from E-Commerce background
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Master's Degree, Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- At least 8 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.