Senior Technology Consultant (Network Operations)
Orsted is one of Northern Europe's leading energy groups with headquarters in Denmark. Our business is based on sourcing, producing, distributing, trading and selling energy and related products in Northern Europe.
We are expanding the Network & Security operations team, operating our Cisco powered network, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and are seeking for an ambitious candidate who is able to adhere to our policies and processes and to cooperate with our current operational teams. This is a unique career opportunity that will offer you international exposure and a solid growth opportunity.
The Network team is part of Orsted IT, which counts more than 450 skilled and dedicated colleagues working closely together with the different business units across Northern Europe and in Malaysia. We work efficiently and are focus as a constructive team to create excellent network and security solutions for the energy company of the future.
The Network & Security team currently employs 11 consultants in Denmark and 4 in Malaysia. We aim to add more resources in KUL Network Operations team to support all our daily operational tasks and other network related assignments.Responsibilities and tasks
You will be part of the joined Network & Security operations team located in Kuala Lumpur, where you will be one of our dedicated Network and Security experts. The main responsibilities will be following:
- Close working relationship with the Network & Security teams in Denmark.
- Investigate and resolve network issues, inefficiencies, and performance issues, based on our network monitoring and service desk ticket system.
- Support Cisco ASA firewall related issues / additional requests through ASDM and CSM.
- Handle Lan-to-Lan IPsec tunnel related issues.
- Support Cisco WLAN controllers and Light weight access points.
- Able to handle Cisco routers and switches, with strong technical command of routing and switching, such as BGP, OSPF and STP.
- Troubleshooting on Network load balancers – Cisco ACE and Netscaler.
- Handle DNS and DHCP related issues / requests.
- Handle Adhoc projects, such as product life cycle management and Network related migration tasks.
- Identifying and reporting governance violations.
- Shift-Rotation - morning, evening and possibility of 24x7 shifts.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- CCNA or CCNP certificate holder.
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification or equivalent ITIL experience.
- Eight to Ten years of relevant experience in a Cisco powered Network environment either at a large Enterprise or a Service Provider.
- Good understanding and experience of Networking and Network Security.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Knowledge on Palo Alto Firewalls and Network Load Balancers (ACE/NetScaler) will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated customer interactions skills and team work competencies.
As you will be joining a multi-cultural organisation and be cooperating closely with your colleagues abroad, it is important that you speak and write English fluently. Additionally, you will be an open minded and extrovert team player with a flair for management, and you possess a good balance between technical creativity and structure.We offer
You will have a challenging position and be challenged in a young and international environment characterized by a high level of activity. You will have the opportunity to influence the development of the department and you will work with competent and committed colleagues. In addition, you will receive unique opportunities for personal and professional development.
We offer substantial freedom with responsibility and the opportunity to pursue a career in a large organisation. We have an active employee policy, which supports your career throughout the various phases of your working life.
Furthermore, we offer an informal and attractive working environment with total focus on employee contentment, i.e. an active staff club, attractive flexible benefits and a salary matching your qualifications and competences.