1. Lead a small team of engineers and be a mentor to junior team members
2. Manage system changes through change request process & provide status reports to the relevant parties.
3. Respond promptly to incidents, investigate & provide temporary &/or permanent resolution of incidents escalated. Provide timely status updates to relevant parties and management.
4. Monitor & measure the performance & availability of systems proactively; implement corrective actions identified to improve performance & availability.
5. Monitor and adhere to the agreed service levels, document & maintain the configuration of the systems; provide regular reporting to relevant parties. 6. ITIL Foundation certified, familiar with ISO 9001/ISO 27001 and participated in system audits. 7. Ensure systems always comply with security policies, including vulnerability assessment, patching, and hardening. 8. Lead team members to identify, research, and resolve technical problems 9. Regular 8x5 support but required to be on standby for 7x24 support. Expected to work during off-peak hours on system activities 10. Knowledge of Hyper Converged Infrastructure architectures. 11. Experience in hypervisor, software defined network, software defined storage, cloud orchestration and automation, NGFW, storage and backup.
12. Knowledge of HA clustering and middleware products such as application servers and web servers
13. Proficient in coordinating and communicating customer requirementsEducation and Qualifications
Essential for this role
- Minimum Diploma Computer Information Systems or related field.
Technical / Professional Skills
- Minimum 5-6 years
- Good knowledge in UNIX/Linux system OS administration Knowledge of cloud operations and virtual technologies
- Able to work under pressure and odd hours
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good coordination skills
- Ability to prioritize effectively and work with a sense of urgency
- Effectively communicates with teammates and managers
- BCP/DR(Business Continuity Plan/Disaster Recovery) System OS recovery process
- Good team player/leader and self-starter
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience in shell scripting
Non-Technical / Soft Skills
- Please provide at least 3
- Good UNIX/LINUX Server Administration ability
- IBM RHEL, AIX and Oracle Solaris OS Certification/ Training preferred.
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification - Mandatory
- Good team player
- Leadership qualities