1. Design, develop, test, implement and document new software
2. Maintain and improve the performance of existing software
3. Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
4. Work with experienced team members to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review new and existing code and/or perform unit testing
5. Implementation of security and data protection
6. Resolve complex technical design issues
7. Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
8. Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
9. Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure
Skills and qualifications
1. BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
2. 5+ years’ experience
3. Solid experience with building web application and services
4. Good understanding of databases, preferably in MySQL.
6. Must have solid knowledge of HTML5, CSS and UI framework e.g. Bootstrap and Angular UI.
7. Solid knowledge of building and integrating to RESTful APIs
8. Experience with Java Spring framework, Hibernate, Jersey will be an added advantage.
9. Experience with integration with 3rd party services e.g. Google GPS, Twilio, Auth0, etc.
10. Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (GIT) and CI/CD tools e.g. Jerkins, Docker
11. Knowledge of Ionic will be an added advantage.