The SEB Life Division is looking for an IT Professional to work in their Life and Pension Asian Development Centre. The successful candidate will be an important part of the SEB Life Division IT Development Group. We are looking for candidates who are interested in developing their career as the software development team in Kuala Lumpur grows. Successful candidates should enjoy working in a challenging team environment; have the enthusiasm and ambition to complete projects to the highest standard and want to be part of an organization that puts customer satisfaction at the heart of everything it does. We are looking for individuals with an ambition to succeed!
SEB (Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken) was founded in Stockholm in 1856. Today SEB is a Northern European bank and pension group, with five million customers and 20,000 employees in more than 20 countries. The SEB Life Division alone has 1.8 million customers in the Nordic and Baltic region with a managed capital worth SEK 424 billion (RM 193 billion). In Sweden, we are the market leader in the Life Insurance business with a market share of 24.1%.
SEB Life International, part of the SEB Life division, is a life insurance company based in Ireland which engages in the cross-border distribution of insurance products to several European markets. We specialize in the provision of tailored insurance solutions to suit customers with complex investment needs, and we are committed to building strong customer relationships and provide world class service throughout the lifetime of our relationships.
Our distribution channels are varied, with tied agents in Sweden & Finland, independent Intermediaries in our European markets and international Private Banking channels primarily in Luxembourg.
We invest in a diverse workforce as our employees come from many different backgrounds, bringing with them different experiences and perspectives. Become part of a team where community, diversity, and exceptional service are part of everyone's job.
This role will be designing, developing, implementing and maintaining web applications for SEB’s commercial business unit. You will be part of a team that is responsible for new application development and/or improving existing applications to meet the changing needs of our business and customers. The application is developed using .NET technologies.
You must be able to display knowledge of technical design alternatives and their implications by contributing to the development team in application technical design activities. You must have excellent written and spoken English and have good communication skills.
You will be working in a Scrum/Agile development environment and are therefore expected to contribute beyond a traditional developer’s role by providing creative solutions to the business problem being solved.
- Relevant experience working with C# and ASP.NET technologies throughout the design, development and release phases of software development
- Good experience in web and REST services
- Experience working with databases, preferably MSSQL
- Well versed in design patterns
- Good understanding of MVC
Good to have:
- Experience designing APIs
- Experience in HTML and CSS3 is desirable
- Experience working in the financial industry
- Worked in an agile SCRUM development environment
- Knowledge of analysis, requirements gathering and formal walk-through techniques
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- A self-starter with minimal supervision
- Mentoring peers
- Solid team player
- Attitude to learn and execute
- Analytical problem-solving skills
- Like to work in a dynamic environment
- Work autonomously and attentive to details
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
You may be required to travel to Europe depending on your project requirements