BASIC JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsible for line management of the delivery teams. The role is also responsible for managing the delivery of cost efficient, innovative solutions to the customers whilst optimizing the time-to-market, for a given set of Products.
• Is an advisor and expert to the business units on specific IT and functional topics relevant to the products allocated to the team.
• Recruits, Manages and Develops a team of IT professionals, from junior staff to senior specialists in their field.
• Ensures the team is aware of and utilizes current and appropriate technology and business practices in order to ensure the SSA remains attractive and competitive in future.
• In conjunction with the Department Head, identifies and supports opportunities for re-use and sharing across ITS for components and products as well as tools and techniques.
• Provide day to day direction to the team as issues are escalated, as part of regular reviews or though direct engagement in projects.
• Manages the allocation of resources (both internal and external) to the optimum advantage of DPDHL to both protect the organizations IP and to leverage providers of commodity skills.
• Manages teams to ensure Project Delivery on time, on cost and to appropriate quality standards as well as delivery into production of cost effective, timely and innovative products and solutions.
• Responsible for managing the allocation of team resources to allow for rapid response to requests whilst balancing the overall utilization of the team.
• Optimizing the delivery cost through execution of and contributing to the agreed Sourcing Strategy
• Identifying and delivering opportunities to improve the delivery of solutions through First Choice initiatives
Building and Leading Teams:
• Creating an engaged workforce by ensuring and appropriate mix of challenging and rewarding opportunities along with optimal use of the available resources.
• Monitoring and directing the ongoing development of the professional team under their management.
• Ensuring that all issues related to their staff’s wellbeing are monitored and resolved appropriately and in a timely fashion, including working environment, travel related and workload.
• Ensuring ongoing development and performance management activities are completed in a timely fashion for the team – i.e. IKO, PDPs and Motiv8 assessments.
• Ensures strong cooperation with other teams and Departments both on the sharing of resources within the SSA and between SSAs.
• Responsible for establishing and demonstrating a working culture within the Team that ensures maximum co-operation between ITS departments (One Team).
• In addition to leading a team, this position will require professional performance from one of the following job families. (Professional certifications may be required, depending upon the position, i.e. Prince 2) :
• Manages the overall coordination, status reporting, and stability of Information Services’ project work efforts, ensuring that project goals and objectives are met within agreed upon time, scope, and resource requirements.
• Develops and executes project management plans that incorporate the following components: time, cost, scope, quality, communications, risk, human resources, procurement, and integration. Project Managers are responsible for the delivery of consistently successful, individual project outcomes. Program Managers are responsible for understanding and successfully managing the interdependencies between multiple related and unrelated projects whose coordinated delivery is required to achieve higher organizational objectives.
• Works in partnership with clients, advising them how to use information technology in order to meet their business objectives or overcome problems.
• Works to improve the structure and efficiency of an organisation's IT systems.
• Provides strategic guidance to organisations with regard to IT technology, IT infrastructures and the enablement of major business processes through enhancements to IT. May be responsible for providing guidance during selection and procurement as well providing highly expert technical assistance, and may be responsible for user training and feedback
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• MBA or Degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
• Professional certifications as required, i.e. Prince 2 (optional)
• Information Technology professional with more than 10 years experience and project delivery (Solution Delivery/ Software Development) experience in a multinational company.
• Experienced in working in multi-cultural environment, managing large project teams in direct and widely dispersed geographical locations.
• Being a Team Managers (Software Development Manager/ Team Lead/Team Manager) for 3 to 5 years
• Be able to manage a team of 20+ professionals
• Has 3 to 6 years Business Analysis/ Consultancy experience
• Strong business acumen and software technical and design knowledge
• Solid technical understanding of complex system integration and networking architectures Innovative approach to usage of architecture and technology
• Has 3 to 5 years Project Management experience
• Strong customer interaction skills.
• Demonstrated leadership in service, customer orientation and project delivery.
• Capability to manage and/or work within global multi-site organizations
• Ability to direct and influence other managers outside direct line management structure.
• Capability to lead, motivate, inspire and encourage highly skilled people
• Develop career plans for team
• Communication and presentation capability: customer facing and internal major influencer in technical buying scenarios
• Results oriented and driven by goal achievement with a strong focus on high quality service performance across different location and conditions.