- Has 2-5 years of industry experience. Maritime and/or Technical background or experience would be preferred.
- Has 2 years dry bulk shipping industry – vessel operations side (Volume work – 26 tonnes cargo/250 shipments per year)
- Has Strong industry experience within logistics and / as terminal operator
Our client is a renowned commodity trading/ marketing MNC based in town.
For this role, you are part of the Group's exclusive 'in-house' ocean freight service provider, offering a comprehensive range of shipping services to the firm’s business units around the world.
Key tasks:Vessel Operations
- Operate fleet of T/C and V/C ships
- Manage distribution of Captain’s Instructions, Agent Instructions, bunkering procedures to all ships and onshore parties.
- Coordinate for the pre-stow plan by the considering the port restrictions
- Monitor, follow-up and execute operational procedures on the chartered fleet.
- Update the vessels’ movement in the shipping system in a timely manner.
- Monitor the vessels performance trend and take necessary remedial actions to optimize by using weather routing systems or similar.
- Manage issuing LOIs if required (only standard P&L Club format is acceptable)
- Counter-checking the owner freight invoice timely, ensure 100% accuracy
- Prepare invoice to Business Units and Third Parties in a timely manner according to terms and conditions
- Negotiate with owners of laytime calculations strictly in accordance with C/P terms and conditions and close the voyage account according to C/P.
- Prepare Hire statement for T/C-out ships and arrange hire payment for T/C-ins
- Liaise with loading / discharge ports for smooth operation.
- Interface between the chartering managers, marketing and sales agents and manage the Post Fixture process of the ships chartered fleet.
- Cooperate with Third Party Supplier in operating ships
Group Governance and Risk Management
- Assist chartering team in Negotiating terms and conditions and act as the interface with charter parties involved.
- Ensure strict compliance with all governing flag states, class regulations, International Safety Management and International Ship and Port Security Regulation issues with the chartered and managed fleet.
- BA in Shipping Economies or relevant Diploma Chartered Institute of Shipbrokers.
- 2-5 years of industry experience. Maritime and/or Technical background or experience would be preferred.
- 2 years dry bulk shipping industry – vessel operations side
- (Volume work – 26 tonnes cargo/250 shipments per year)
- Strong industry experience within logistics and / as terminal operator.
- Technical background or experience from a port or mining background is a plus.
- Experience in maritime operations.
- Experience with T/C Operations on Cape /Panamax.
- Experience with ports, agents and ships.
- Experience with technical terms.
- Has knowledge specific to the position:
- Ship Management & Ship Operations
- Legislation requirements (ISM, ISPS, IMO)
- Transport principles
- Good knowledge on ports in Europe, India and preferable China.
- Thorough understanding of port efficiency and the entire logistics chain including technical procedures such as stowage plans, load and discharge sequences, to plan ahead.
- Sound commercial awareness
- Self-motivated individual who is able to work with minimum supervision
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in rapidly changing environment, and prioritise duties accordingly
- Ability to be customer responsive, building and maintaining relationships with our customers.
- Writing reports (Word and Excel)
- Softmar or any other shipping software
To apply, please send your cv in word doc to email@example.com. Please also include details of your current salary, expected salary and notice period in your cv.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Posted by :
CAP Consulting (EA licence : 14C7175)
Caroline Poh (EA registration : R1105649)