Responsible for quality management systems and continuous improvement methodology throughout the organization. Develop and deploy a quality plan for MALAYSIA SALES COMPANY to achieve the world class levels of quality. Provide knowledge and tools to support in product quality problem solving to achieve Customer Satisfaction. LEAN – Drive the lean transformation of the Value Add Service and Sales Company activities in line with business objectives, corporate initiatives and Lean System as measured by productivity, on time delivery, quality, customer service, inventory, and lead time. Job Responsibility:
• Rectify NCRs from across the business. Lead investigation and rectify quality issues.
• Assess quality system & reliability of production process at local suppliers and internally to insure product quality conformance against internal and customer specification.
• Develop quality control, process change to meet customer requirement, Division and Sales Co targets.
• Collaborate with Engineering on new product development and design review for quality/reliability (PPAP/APQP, etc.)
• Coordinate necessary personnel for internal, customer and third party quality system audits.
• Represent ASEAN on all matters pertaining to quality. Interface with the management team and customers. Develop and maintain a regional quality management system to achieve continuous improvement. Reduce RPPM, scrap and COPQ.
• Work closely with all business process owners across the Sales Company and Divisions in the area of continual improvement by measuring and improving overall quality performance and customer satisfaction.
• Establish key performance indicators, and ensure that effective and closed-loop corrective and preventive action systems
• Attain and maintain 3rd party certification to the ISO Quality Management System standard
• Create and teach quality-related training (including problem solving skills and continuous improvement methodologies) and/or recommend expert resources to support organizational needs.
• Promote and develop a culture of quality, accountability and continuous improvement.
• Responsible for MALAYSIA SALES COMPANY lean implementation strategy and lean transformation of the organization (VAS, assembly, warehouse and office) in line with the Parker Lean System by utilizing the lean fundamentals (including but not limited to value stream mapping, tracking centers, team improvement board, PDCA, 10 step problem solving and standard work).
• Identify and implement solutions for issues relating to safety, quality, productivity and cost reductions.
• Provide effective change management, leadership and optimization in implementation the corporate WIN Strategy across the ASEAN countries. Serve as a catalyst for successful and sustained lean implementation.
• Responsible for education and development of the staff on Lean Thinking, teaching the Lean Boot Camp series.
• Partner with Supply Chain on line items shipped correctly (LISC) and inventory initiatives and standardization such as plan for every part (PFEP) to reduce inventory and improve LISC.
• Carry-on lean methodologies throughout the organisation to those simplified business segments, enhancing customer experience and driving net earnings improvement and growth (POP activities)
• Support POP 3.0 Implementation
• Drive MALAYSIA SALES COMPANY HPT activities
Qualification & Skills:
• Degree qualifications in Industrial Engineering or other relevant Engineering field
• 3 – 5 years of Quality, Engineering or related experience in the Engineering and manufacturing industries with a minimum of 2 years’ lean experience
• Demonstrated understanding of Lean principles such as Value Stream Mapping, Just-in-Time, 5S, Visual Management, Continuous Improvement Process, Kaizen, etc.
• Experience in leading production line deployment (From computational assessment to Mass Production)
• Hands-on experience in implementing systems and driving improvement in quality and lean results across multiple value streams without direct line of responsibility
• Strong knowledge of Quality management systems, with experience in achieving 3rd party certification in Quality
• Experience in managing quality improvement tools and techniques (i.e. Lean, Six Sigma, Kaizen)
• Demonstrated leadership, project management, facilitation, and problem-solving skills
• Relevant experience in managing people, influencing others and achieving cultural change
• Excellent interpersonal, training and presentation skills, oriented for multi-tasked projects with a strong attention to detail
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• A highly self-motivated and results focused hands-on individual