As a Sr. System Analyst, the person should be proficient in Microsoft technology (.NET) and worked on application support projects, understanding the ITIL framework. He should be able to manage the team and responsible for Shift planning
The role would include
• Work on Incident, Problem and Service request as part of application maintenance
• Scheduling, monitoring and reporting batch jobs of specific frequency
• Handling Unknown exceptions in batch jobs
• Providing technical guidance to the team, should develop into SME for one or more applications
• Effort estimation for the change request
• Interact with internal and external stakeholders (Customer and Vendor liaison)
• Should possess good communication skills and customer relations.
• Adherence to defined processes (like creating problem records, performing timely RCAs, creating knowledge articles, maintaining application documentation etc.)
• Adhere to the expected service levels complying with service metrics such as Response and Resolution times.
• Work on minor to medium enhancement
• Act as the Cognizant Delivery team point of contact for the portfolio
• Coordinate with onsite and offshore teams as necessary during project delivery, including daily connect calls
• Support Service Management / process related activities performed by the SMO with relevant delivery data.
• Responsible for end-to-end services for the application cluster / portfolio being managed
• Plan, track, approve and maintain service effort on management information systems.
• People management skills besides excellent analytical and technical skills.
• Hands-on in application Maintenance using ASP.NET, C#, IIS & SQL DB.
• Should have worked in Support Environment with exposure to handle incident and problem tickets
• Having experience using ticketing system and hands-on with the workflow from initiation and closure of support ticket
• Understanding of the ITIL Framework
• Ability to understand the logical flow and business requirements
• Should be hands-on on with application life cycle management, code promotion and release management.
• Should be conversant on multiple application architectures and technologies.
• Should have exposure to performance tuning, browser compatibility, scalability, security and infrastructure related considerations for application maintenance.
• Exposure and work experience with other web/desktop platforms and automation frameworks would be an added advantage.
• Ability to assist with writing stories / defects and helping to prioritize