As a business analyst, this candidate is responsible for gathering users’ requirements for new system and/or system enhancement, analysis of requirements, plan and execute functional and system integration tests. The immediate focus is to support the Regional International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS17) project experience. The candidate is expected to work on the Regional IFRS project. The key role to be performed in the SDLC is to elicit and analyse requirements, conduct System Integration Test (SIT), and support Users’ Acceptance Test (UAT) and user training. The candidate is also expected to follow our Application Processes, Standards & Procedures.
• Facilitate / conduct workshops for business users to identify project requirements. Gather, analyses, document and follow up on user requirements.
• Based on the requirements, generate artefacts needed for solution generation. These artefacts include - application specification, integration/interface specifications, site-map and page-flow, and the usage of UML diagrams to detail the process flow and solution.
• Understanding the core IFRS17 requirements, software solution and how to implement this within Great Eastern Finance and Actuarial business teams.
• Build an understanding on IFRS17 product and configuration in order to support the business during configuration and build phase. Ability to analyse and pull out data from database to analyse situations to support configuration.
• Work with IFRS17 solution vendor on System Unit testing.
• Hands on planning and execution of functional test cases. Perform execution of System Integration Test (SIT) cutting across source data teams and outbound systems.
• Support users during User Acceptance Testing (UAT), regular tracking of test progress status and defect management.
• Work with vendors (according to project needs) to communicate requirements, perform quantitative and qualitative analysis.
• Develop IFRS17 and insurance-specific SME knowledge for group-wide knowledge management.
• Minimum 5 years working experience in IT and experience handling projects or BAU in Insurance core systems or Finance systems.
• Experience in implementing or handling core Insurance systems or experience in financial reporting systems.
• Experience in handling inbound and outbound interfaces between upstream or downstream systems.
• Comfortable with handling data analysis via database queries - Oracle SQL, PL/SQL database to support business, testing, troubleshooting etc
• Project working experience or good understanding of IFRS17 is an advantage.
• Good Insurance domain knowledge is a "Must".
• Strong knowledge and experience of insurance products is key
• Financial reporting domain knowledge would be an added advantage
• Competent in using Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Visio
• Good analytical skills
• Good communication skills
• Organized with an eye for detail
• Able to translate business requirements and relate this back to technical requirements
• Team player and must be able work with cross IT and business teams
• Ability to multitask across different assigned tasks
• Fast learner to quickly understand new concepts