We are currently assisting Adform to set up a world-class development team in Malaysia, consisting of an initial deployment of Technical Leads, Senior Software Engineer and a QA Lead.
The ideal team should comprise the right mix of the following technical disciplines:
- Two Technical Leads, one stronger in backend Node.js development and the other stronger in frontend development.
- One Senior Developer in backend Node.js development
- One QA Lead in automation testing.
As a Node.JS Technical Lead, along with the team you will be responsible for driving the Adform Application Platform (AAP) forward in quality, features, and scalability. You will be required to build, design and develop Node.JS back-end solutions but knowledge of the front-end is more than appreciated and will allow you to be versatile and to contribute to the core product development team which plays a central role to their business. You will work on interesting stuff and work on amazing open-source projects with cool technologies.
We’re looking for an exceptionally talented senior backend engineer, a natural leader to guide the team on best practices, thrives on getting your hands dirty on the back-end, work through the technical challenges with your team.
You will be a vital part of the software development efforts in Kuala Lumpur and you will be working in a cross functional, agile team, with world-class engineers, product managers and leaders located in multiple locations and in Kuala Lumpur.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Provide technical thought leadership and guidance to a team of developers from inception through deployment.
- Work with Architects and Backend Engineers to build a new Application Platform to support Web and Mobile applications.
- Develop new software solutions from concept to finish, with regular tests and maintenance.
- Build and collaborate efficient and reusable systems and abstractions
- Research and prototype new ideas that pushes the envelope of ad-tech, in collaboration with Architects and Technical Product Managers
- Find and address performance issues
- Identify and communicate server design and implementation best practices
- Continuously analyses the market situation and maintain product backlog according to roadmap
- Write good code
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Have an inner-source attitude to code sharing
- Guarantee the technical feasibility of server designs.
- Optimize solutions for maximum speed and scalability
- Design, develop, own and operate production services able to handle high load
- Improve the way we develop software and manage our services, by employing Agile methodologies and continuously improving our development and service infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or equivalent experience preferred
- 7+ years of hands-on relevant experience preferably in product & research development
- 2+ years of experience using Node.JS
- Knowledge of Node.JS frameworks such as Express, StrongLoop.
- Experience in ES6 and NPM
- Experience with version control systems (Git and GitHub Enterprise)
- Experience using containers, specifically Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with development pipelines (CI/CD)
- Worked with Agile software development (Scrum/Kanban)
- Understand the nature of asynchronous programming, its quirks and workarounds.
- Experienced in integrating multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Have hands on experience in building with server platform solutions
- Being familiar with highly-available, high-throughput low-latency systems and concurrent programming; experience with large code base
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Demonstrated technical leadership skills: proven ability to mentor and provide technical leadership to a team of developers, deliver entire end-to-end solutions
- A self-starter, self-motivated and can create something from nothing, legendary skills are certainly welcome.
- A can-do attitude
Nice to have:
• Experience with React and Redux is an asset
• Experience in GraphQL is highly desirable with use of either Apollo GraphQL server
• Experience in Typescript and Aerospike will be an advantage.
- A highly autonomous team structure with a lot of freedom and ownership
- Creative, challenging and fast-growing product
- Possibility to make the difference and fulfill ideas
- Opportunity to enjoy your work with senior engineers, architects and managers that understand the value of technology
- Flexible working environment
- Plenty of responsibility and opportunity to grow
- Education: internal training's system, language classes, internships, conferences & external training's
- Team buildings and Off-sites (depends on team’s creativity and ideas)