BASF Shared Services Center Kuala Lumpur was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, the shared services center has nearly 700 employees and provides functional services in the areas of Finance, Controlling, Information Services, Human Resources, Environment, Health & Safety, Procurement and Import-Export Operations Services to BASF companies and affiliates in 17 markets across the Asia Pacific region.
This center is part of BASF Global Shared Services Organization (GSSO) network, with three other sites in Berlin and Ludwigshafen in Germany and in Montevideo, Uruguay, that cover Europe and the Americas.
Objectives As the GSSO embarks on a journey of digitalization and innovation, this position aims at: Driving digitalization and innovation to achieve excellence, and optimal systems/tools/processes for service delivery and management of the organization within and beyond GSSO. In addition to direct supervisory responsibilities of 3-5 team members, the role requires steering, leading, and guiding team members in the functions to achieve the desired business results.Job Description Digitalization and Innovation:
- Align and work with GSSO Technology Unit in Berlin on common direction and objectives of spearheading digitalization and innovation in the organization when introducing and implementing new digitalization and innovation technologies.
- Lead the rollout of digitalization projects within and beyond GSSO and build bridges between BASF structures / knowledge and process and ideas, either independently or in collaboration with vendors and/or other functional organisations within BASF.
- Conduct reviews and perform cost benefit analysis to ensure alignment with goals and objectives. Facilitate cross functional and best practice sharing throughout the organization.
- Act as lead to facilitate functional units to define functional and technical requirements, user acceptance testing, training, communication, deployment management, post-production support, etc.
- Support the identification of trends in Global Business Services (GBS) industry, digitalization and innovation to further enhance the operations and performance of the organization.
- Evaluate new technologies to facilitate selection of new innovative technologies for designated challenges or specific business needs.
Robotic Process Automation (RPA):
- Lead the RPA team, including functional team members, to support the implementation RPA initiative, driving widespread adoption and deployment of RPA across the organization and beyond GSSO.
- Align and work with Global RPA team on RPA scripting standards, training and knowledge management, monitoring and compliance, Botministration, set up of required resources (people and infrastructure), consultancy and scripting for non GSSO
- Work with functional leads and relevant BASF organization or external vendors to ensure availability and commitment of trained resources, and necessary infrastructure and facilities to enable RPA within BSSCKL and for the Asia Pacific region
- Facilitate or conduct business analysis, use case evaluation, cost benefit analyses, proof of concept up to approval by relevant process owners. issue resolution or escalation
- Establish a monitoring mechanism for RPA progress, issue resolution and escalation, and tracking of achievement of business targets
- This role will have to work collaboratively with multiple functions in the organization within GSSO and beyond.
- Compliance and Quality Management:
- Ensure that all activities carried out by team members and functional teams are in compliance with relevant policies, processes and procedures to achieve excellent and consistent quality of work results
- Ensure that respective team members are aware of and strictly follow relevant policies, processes and procedures.
Requirements Education: Minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s Degree or higherWorking Experience:
- 8-10 years’ experience in robotic process automation and other digitalization technologies, management consulting, or project management and execution in the fields of business process, systems, automation implementation
- Experience working in shared service center environment, preferable
- Experience in interactions with high level leaders/management team in an organization
- Experience in leading digitalization, business process improvement and change management activities for large scale projects
Technical & Professional Knowledge:
- Lead, designed or implemented business-wide initiatives and knowledgeable in current digitalization trends
- Expertise in project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle, and continuous improvement methodologies
- High level understanding of end-to-end functional service delivery value chain typical in back-end support functions such as finance, human resources, information technology/information services, procurement services etc
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills, together with strong analytical and decision-making abilities (i.e. integrating disjointed information, drawing conclusions from details/complex topics)
- Highly perceptive of information needs and wants of different stakeholder levels and target audience
- Excellent business communication, presentation and writing skills in English
- Communicate with openness, clarity, organizational awareness and empathy to achieve the desired results, particularly driving organisation changes
Must be able to work with minimal supervision, and able to lead and motivate team members
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply via our career page at https://tas-apacbasf.taleo.net/careersection/regional_career_section_2012/jobdetail.ftl?job=30361&tz=GMT%2B08%3A00.