Role: Test Engineer
Duration: 1 year contract (Extendable)
Experience: 2-5 years
Notice period: Immediate to 15 days, exceptional cases upto 30 days.
• Nationality: Malaysian only
• Competitors (Product companies): MI Equipment, AMD Inc, Broadcom, Infineon, Seagate, Jabil, Motorola, ROGERSOFT etc.
Key responsibilities include:
• Define, develop, deploy and maintain test system from new product introduction stage till product end of support stage.
• Lead associate engineers in test system set-up, as well as maintenance and improvement activities.
• Support state of the art high performance Instruments software. Responsible for identifying, prioritizing and addressing opportunities to improve design of test process and test software in the context of quality, performance, reliability, repeatability and cost.
• Design, develop, and verify test process, test system, test software and fixtures to facilitate the characterization which include test fixture development, utilizing test metrology & measurement uncertainty techniques and GR&R.
• Involve in test software/hardware obsolescence and replacement to ensure business continuity.
• Responsible for providing failure analysis tools, test characterization support, manages test specification, test documentation and test data throughout product life cycle.
• Support Contract manufacturer activities.
• Involve heavily in ISO 9001, ISO 17025 compliances activities.
• Works on manufacturing engineering assignments with broadly defined objectives
• Solves straight-forward issues, challenges and problems within field of specialization
• BSc/Masters/PhD in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Computer Science.
• Knowledge in any of software development such as C/C++/C#/VB/VEE/LabView/RMB/Unix.
• Experience instrument testing in Unix/RMB/VB/C/C++/VEE/dot net/LINUX environment an added advantage.
• Working knowledge in electronics measurement equipment, RF/MW test systems an added advantage.
• Experience in test characterization, test documentation. Technical writing will be an added advantage.
• Basic understanding of instrument MU analysis in accordance to stringent calibration lab requirements eg. ISO17025.
• Knowledge or experience in project management will be an added advantage.
• Ability to interact effectively with people at all levels