This position is a hybrid role.
Approximately 50% of your time will be spent on developing and delivering sophisticated solutions to ACS customers.
The other 50%, will be spent designing, developing tools, practice development to enhance delivery capabilities with improved quality and accelerating velocity.
You%26rsquo;ll be expected to provide technical leadership to other consultants through specification, design, and implementation of both existing and new architectures (On-Prem/Cloud).Key Responsibilities:
Required Skills and knowledge:
- Analyses business needs to help ensure the Oracle On-Prem and cloud solution meets the customer%26rsquo;s objectives
- Apply industry and Oracle best practices, product knowledge, and business acumen
- Be the Oracle full stack solution authority for the customer%26rsquo;s architecture to ensure that customers make informed decisions regarding scope to achieve beneficial solutions cost effectiveness, quality and reuse.
- Providing technical guidance on cloud solutions to customer and other Oracle project team members to underpin successful project definition and delivery.
- Produce high level designs (HLD) including architecture, services and products and migration plans that meets customer demand
- Undertake research, investigations and developments in Oracle cloud technology in an appropriate way, and communicate the findings to the relevant interested stakeholder groups to inform business decisions.
- Working closely with the ACS Project Managers (TAM) to ensure that the individual work streams that form the overall solution are technically managed and designs and plans are maintained to reflect the customers agreed solution
- Ensure Oracle cloud technologies are leveraged appropriately, that customer impacts to people, processes and technology are understood; and to resolve issues that have cross project or system scope
- Liaises with presales as to proposed solution, and ensures early ACS engagement.
- Apply the ACS Cloud Methodology (ACM) to ensure a proper end2end delivery of the solution considering relevant practices and reference architectures
- Be an active contributor to the ACS Global Virtual Teams (GVT) program
- Identifies and promotes opportunities for sales of Oracle products and services to support business growth
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Bachelors and Master%26#39;s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Proven solution design skills in a large enterprise or service provider during design, implementation and service phases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical staff at all levels of the customer organization
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and easily-digestible manner.
- Design and produce creative cloud architectural %26amp; design documentation to the highest quality
- The ability to quickly grasp new or emerging Oracle technologies, and how they fit with the customer%26rsquo;s strategy.
- Understanding of ACS Cloud Service Portfolio
- Open/agile mindset
- Experience of interfacing with senior business and IT stakeholders
- Strong knowledge on Oracle Database and DB Cloud services
- Strong knowledge in DB migration approaches and processes
- Strong skills in Oracle Middleware and PaaS services and products such as WebLogic application server, SOA, OSB
- Strong knowledge of Oracle Cloud (OCI) incl. related networks technologies
- Good knowledge of Oracle Applications and SaaS
- Good technical knowledge of relevant automation (DevOps) product e.g. Kubernetes, Ansible, Docker, Terraform.
- Strong understanding of security
- Strong knowledge of Cloud native design solutions
- Strong knowledge of securing On-Premise, Cloud and hybrid solutions
- It would be considered as an advantage to have a strong knowledge in one or more of the following: identity %26amp; Access Management, Monitoring, Analytics, Integration %26amp; Data Management, Data Science %26amp; Machine Learning.
- Understand and consider commercial impact of decisions
- Understand risk management
- Displays a professional image in front of the customer
- Proactively works towards objectives and goals, delivering expected and agreed results within given deadlines
- Checks progress of work against targets and takes appropriate action to keep on course
- Follows up on things promised and delivers on commitments
- Shows concern for the quality, standards and accuracy of own work
- Ensures start and end points and milestones are clearly defined to reduce uncertainty
- Breaks down complex problems/issues to determine suitability and makes appropriate assessments and recommendations
- Thinks through detailed implementation in a live customer environment
- Thinks outside the box and is creative with solutions
- Able to convince customers and others to own point of view
- Proactively takes ownership of tasks and challenges and sees them through
- Asserts authority when occasion/situation demands (escalation)
- Assumes role of the team leader.
- Coaches team members in relevant skills.
- Delegates appropriate tasks and monitors progress.
- Acts as a trusted advisor (a source of truth) to the customer
- Displays a professional image, behaves with integrity, and acts as an ambassador for Oracle at all times
- Strives to build effective interpersonal relationships with colleagues, third parties and customers
- Finds ways to recognize the contributions of others in the team.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As an Advisory Systems Engineer, you are expected to be an expert member of the problem-solving/avoidance team and be highly skilled in solving extremely complex (often previously unknown), critical customer issues. Performing the assigned duties with a high level of autonomy and reporting to management on customer status and technical matters on a regular basis, you will be expected to work with very limited guidance from management. Further, the Advisory Systems Engineer is sought by customers and Oracle employees to provide expert technical advice.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Because of substantial customer interfacing, a demonstrated ability to work with customers on an independent basis with exceptional communication skills, while consistently achieving the absolute highest levels of customer satisfaction. Both a Bachelor*s and Master*s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience 8 years related experience prior to taking this position. In addition, experience with Oracle*s core products, applications, and tools.