About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role Responsibilities &Our Ideal Candidate
The Individual CDD team is a unit within the Middle office for performing due diligence on all clients with risk rating A, B, C, D and E/P before approval of on-boarding and/or trigger event review or periodic review.
Individuals CDD team is responsible for client contact for existing to bank clients for completion of CDD activities. However, the team can assign or take support from Relationship Managers (RMs) for completion of CDD activities / related requirements for priority clients.StrategyPerform Customer Due Diligence (CDD) review activities on TRR and PRR alerts triggered for all clients including the followings :-
- Timely communication with clients through letters and phone calls to complete the reviews before overdue date.
- Follow-up on deficient cases, issue follow-up letters and adhere by the timeline required to be served to the clients before hard hold date.
- Timely placement of risk codes for deficient customers and removal of risk codes once customer has reverted with appropriate documents and information.
- Performing reviews based on the uplifted standards and CDD Procedures, to ascertain facts of the case and bring it to satisfactory conclusion and approved status.
- To effectively interact/liaise with various stake holders, e.g RM/BM//FCC for the final approval of each case.
- To update reporting trackers on cases reviewed and latest progress for MI purposes as per timeline agreed by the Line Manager.
- Raising Service Request (SR) for static data changes via ICM reflecting the latest and updated client details in the system.
- Completing all e-learning&rsquos assigned for the role before due date.
- Retail Banking, (geography)
People and Talent
- KYC/CDD Account Opening and Periodic/Trigger Review Processes as per DOIs, updates, CDD Procedures, Group Procedures and guidelines.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles.
- Responsibility to review team structure/capacity plans.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Execution responsibility for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating financial crime risk, sanctions risk and reputational risks to the Group. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group&rsquos arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- responsible for delivering &lsquoeffective governance&rsquo capability to challenge fellow executives effectively and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead theRB COB CDD Operations to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Business team e.g. RMs/PMs/BMs/Cluster Heads
- Compliance team e.g. CMLCO/FCC/AML/Compliance/Sanction
- RB COO team e.g. RB Assurance/Branch Ops
- Supporting functions e.g. Banking Ops/GBS
- Group/Regional Office e.g. CDD Ops
- Embed Here for good and Group&rsquos brand and values in Malaysia
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.