The BASF Shared Services Center Kuala Lumpur was established in 2005. Located in Kuala Lumpur, it has approximately 700 employees and provides functional services in the areas of Finance, Controlling, Information Services, Human Resources, Environment, Health & Safety, Procurement, and Import-Export Order Management to BASF companies and affiliates in 17 markets across Asia Pacific. BASF also has three other Shared Service Centers that cover Europe and the Americas, located in Berlin and Ludwigshafen, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay.
Objectives of the Position
- Execute all service requests and inquiries with quality and in timely manner meeting the agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA) and internal Key Performance Indicator (KPI).
- Process related requests, inquiries, and workflow task under reporting, performance management, learning management and/or organizational management according to established processes and work procedures and in compliance with BASF policies and local company legal and statutory requirements.
- Understanding and execution of all service requests are adhered to the HRS processes and procedures are aligned with standard scope of services.
- Analyse, clarify and resolve operation issues and enquiries by working closely with relevant counterpart. All unsolved & potential operational issues are escalated timely according to establish escalation process, with detailed analysis provided to manager.
- Work with manager in managing customers’ expectation, support manager in implementing initiatives which result to process standardization and process improvements
Learning Management (LM)
- Provide administrative support in organizing, monitoring, tracking, pre-learning and post-learning support.
- Update information on learning programs, participants learning records and vendor record management in system.
- Provide onsite support on learning event organization as and when required.
- Work closely and support Learning & Development Team in country or in region by meeting respective policy requirement.
Performance Management (PEM)
- Provide administrative support to maintain system data & schedule activities.
- Provide expertise support to relevant counterpart in explaining system behaviors, functionalities, processes and requirement according to BASF best practices.
- Provide schedule (monthly and yearly) and ad-hoc reports according to the planned calendar and ticketing system.
- Provide expertise support to relevant counterpart in reports enhancement, system behaviors, functionalities, processes and requirement according to BASF best practices.
Organizational Management (OM)
- Review maintenance of organization structure and positions for the region in periodically basis.
- Focal point for organization management related inquiries and data maintenance.
- Be the key contact person to work closely with Regional HR (RHR) and/or County HR (CHR) for requests related to regional structure updates and global organization management mappings.
- Maintain a ‘mutual’ respect and credibility relationship with CHR, RHR, BASF employees and other strategic stakeholders.
- Work with manager in attending to relevant feedback received during country discussion, meeting and other forms of Customer Feedback. Discuss with manager and team to take actions and implement appropriate solutions which contribute to improvement of customer satisfaction level.
- Collaborate with other related BASF and BSSCKL teams to ensure quality and customer oriented service are delivered to CHR on responsible area, and at the same time compliance to standard operations procedure (SOP).
- Ensure all deliverables in scope are meeting service level offering mutually agreed with the Local Companies as well as BSSCKL internal KPI.
- Ensure all defined control process and structured checking are executed by self, to ensure deliverables under responsible are 100% accurate.
- Take on 2nd Reviewer role as assigned and perform 100% check to ensure deliverables on responsible area are accurate.
- Ensure all issues/errors/non-compliance are captured in the Quality Management System (QMS) accurately, quality description and accordingly to the QMS guideline in a timely manner.
- Quality Ticket Handling - To ensure quality of ticket handling by:
- Ensure ticket are logged, handled according to guidelines;
- Ensure all tickets are with accurate rectification/correction/solution provided to requestor;
- Ensure clear, accurate and complete solution or response is provided;
- Ensure shortest resolution time and resulting to zero re-open tickets.
- Follow the defined escalation process if inconsistency processes are found during daily work. Highlight the differences and impact of these differences upon further investigation and evaluation.
- Collaborate with other team members to establish and maintain a confidential and sensitive work environment, focusing on customer service by handling all customer requests in a professional manner.
- Complete the buddy training with the core team and act as a back-up for other team members to deliver and manage customers expectation as and when required.
- Ensure all related periodic activities under responsible area are trigger and plan in a timely manner. Manage customers’ expectations by regularly review periodic activities timeline, agreed deliverables or scope to ensure no delay in delivery and smooth operations.
Standardization & Convergence
- Contribute towards providing standard BSSCKL services to all BASF customers by clarifying or educating our customer on BSSCKL Scope of Service. Escalate or highlight to manager on non-standard service offering, or inconsistency of data maintenance or processes identified.
- Actively identify Improvement areas on daily operational processes or on SAP HR system. Support and execute identified improvement initiatives which bring impact to the improvement on operation's productivity, efficiency, standardization and harmonization.
- Ensure up-to-date documentations are maintained. All processes and procedures are understandable and executed in compliance to the Internal Audit, Regional Audit, FRC, ISO and any other certification requirements.
Employer of Choice
- Support departmental or company initiatives as and when required. Flexible in taking on new responsibilities. Open to new ideas and contributing ideas, work as team to achieve stated goal.
- Provide guidance and knowledge sharing with new team member without reservations. Take on the buddy trainer role as assigned.
- Contribute positively to a knowledge sharing environment by ensuring all work related documents are updated and available in knowledge database for team reference.
- Preferably graduate with a Bachelor’s degree.
- With 1 - 2 years of working experience.
- Preferably experience and familiar working with a world-class HR system (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft).
- Preferably experience in a shared service/outsourcing environment.
- Experience working in large and diverse teams.
- Proven ability to handle huge transactions and customer requests.
Technical & Professional Knowledge
- Strong processing skills and analytical ability (inclination for Mathematics/ Finance/ Problem- solving).
- Working level knowledge of HR principles/Employment Laws/Training and Development.
- Customer service mindset with strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Functional knowledge and skills in using Microsoft applications, i.e. Words, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Fluent in spoken and written English. Knowledge of any other Asian languages will be an added advantage.
- Depending on the supported country, the relevant incumbent may be required to have proficiency in speaking and writing the respective country language.