About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role Responsibilities &Our Ideal CandidateStrategy
- Awareness and understanding of the Group&rsquos business strategy and model appropriate to the role.
- Contribute towards the future strategic direction and process innovation of Securities Services by keeping abreast of changes in customer needs, technology and business environment and taking pro-active steps to embrace and capitalize on these changes.
- Support the roll-out of appropriate quality management systems and other initiatives by the Company/Group.
- To assist the Head Securities Services to manage the operations of Transfer Agency Processes, in ensuring consistent delivery of high quality services to customers and meeting objectives set by the Group using available resources allocated while maintaining operational risk to an accepted level.
- To assist the Head Securities Services in leading Transfer Agency Team to achieve service quality by meeting / exceeding and set service standards and achieving zero defect for the Bank customers.
People and Talent
- Ensure consistent delivery of high quality services to customers through meeting or exceeding customer expectation guided by the Service Level Agreement, efficiency/accuracy standards and good business processes/ judgment.
- Assist the Head Securities Services in leading Transfer Agency Services team to achieve quality service by meeting the prescribed objectives and goals. Assist the team management in overseeing the daily operations of the Fund Services team and contribute towards meeting the team&rsquos objectives.
- Assist the Head Securities Services on Transfer Agency&rsquo individual performance, against set objectives and providing the appropriate support, motivation and guidance to staff to achieve these objectives. Contribute to the development of associates by guiding, coaching, motivating, supporting and assisting selected number of associates.
- Ensure that the set productivity targets (efficiency, accuracy, etc.), defect management and processing turnaround standards are achieved (within own area of responsibility).
- Verify transactions processed by Associates and authorize those that fall within own-delegated release authority. Checking of and/or approving customer&rsquos Transfer Agency order against Transfer Agency system.
- Establish and maintain close working relationship with appropriate persons in the Spoke countries, Chennai Counterparty, Group offices and within the Company itself to facilitate an open and direct communication of issues, needs, queries, etc. such that these may be responded to in an efficient, prompt and professional manner.
- Ensure that all staff of the department continues to be equipped and developed with the necessary knowledge, skills and tools to achieve the required level of competency to facilitate them to perform their roles and responsibilities effectively, efficiently and accurately.
- Facilitate the building of a performance-driven organization by setting SMART objectives, constantly reviewing the dept&rsquos and individual performance against these objectives and providing the appropriate support, motivation and guidance to staff to achieve these objectives.
- Responsible for succession planning for key positions, managing the attrition of employees and ensuring that a plan is developed and executed for high potential individuals in the department.
- Be guided accordingly and aware of the roles and responsibilities for money laundering prevention as stipulated in the Money Laundering Policy, Group Sanction Policy and Escalation Procedure.
- Be guided accordingly and aware of the roles and responsibilities for money laundering prevention as stipulated in the Money Laundering Prevention (MLP) Group Policy, Money Laundering & Suspicious Transaction Guidelines for Securities Services Management, Suspicious Money Laundering Transaction Reporting Procedures and / or Monitoring Checklist, and Escalation Procedure for Suspicious Money Laundering Transactions.
- Ensure due care and diligence is exercised on day to day operational matters relating to Money Laundering and KYC, acquiring relevant knowledge and training thus, providing support to superiors and subordinates.
- Conforming and adhering to the Team&rsquos risk profile, by following the guidelines / policies / procedures stipulated for Operation Losses, Escalation Procedures, Securities Services Policies, etc.
- Ensure that control and security policies / procedures governing all processes in the department are in place, implemented and reviewed (as and when necessary) and to ensure that these policies / procedure not only continue to be relevant and effective in mitigating risk, but also supports the need for high operational efficiency and excellent customer service.
- Key Control Standards Assessment within department with nil over dues.
- Follow up on corrective/ preventive actions to a point where concerns arising from these findings are addressed to a satisfactory level.
- Ensure awareness and full compliance of all laid down rules, regulations, policies, (including Sanctions Policy) guidelines, procedures, practices and code of conduct imposed by the Company/Group.
- No major adverse findings from internal auditors or external auditors including quality audits.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Responsibilities relating to the direction, planning, structure, frameworks (e.g. processes and policies) and oversight. For example, Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group&rsquos arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
Key StakeholdersKey relationships include:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the GBS Malaysia FMO Fiduciary & Fund Services team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank&rsquos Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime ComplianceThe Right Environment. *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Head, Transaction Banking Operations GBS MY.
- Securities Services GBSMY &ndash Staffs all level.
- Standard Chartered Bank various countries.
- GBS various internal department.
- Securities Services GBS India.
- Countries respective Regulator, Depository, Central Bank, etc
- Reporting, approvals, directions, policies, referrals, discussions relating to operational issues.
- Referrals & discussions on systems-related issues.
- Referrals & discussions on HR-related matters.
- Referrals & discussions on processing-related issues.
- Clients Lien Accounts & IB Accounts
- Foreign Exchange related matters
- System Support
- Vendor Management
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.