About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role ResponsibilitiesProcesses
- Producing transaction documentation (i.e. drafting and review) and matching of confirmations for vanilla and complex OTC derivatives transactions supporting all global regions within the Derivatives team
- Management of production workflow, ensuring all confirmations are issued to clients within the Service Level Agreements (SLA) and executed as per Regulatory timelines
- Responding quickly and efficiently to Front Office and Client Queries and solving their problems in a professional, timely and efficient manner
- Understand the booking model, special handling processes, industry standards and regulatory requirements and their impact on trade confirmations
- Develop positive working relationships with the various internal stakeholders (Middle Office, Front Office, Legal, Client Coverage and Tech teams)
- Ensure full compliance of all laid down rules, regulations, policies, guidelines, procedures, practices and code of conduct
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Define business requirements
- Identify and raise process improvement/system enhancement opportunities
- Analyse cost-benefit for improvements and production issues for prioritization
- Perform analysis on lifecycle of the trade in relation to trade confirmation processing
- Understand the high-level technical trade workflow
- Perform end-to-end testing (including UVT)
- Ensure pre-release activities (related to Ops) are completed
- Monitor production post-release to ensure the system functionality is as per the requirements given
- Identify, raise and prioritize production issues
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients Effective Financial Markets Financial Crime Compliance The Right Environment.]
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Documentation Ops team
- Trading and Sales
- Local and offshore CC (Client Coverage)
- Legal Department
- Middle office
- Systems support
- Technology Team
- Banking, Finance, Accounting, Commerce, Economics or Business Management background
- Knowledge of Financial Derivatives products
- Experienced in transaction documentation preferably covering Derivatives transactions
- Knowledge of documentation standards i.e., ISDA, EMTA terminologies and best practices
- Excellent PC skills: MS Word, MS Excel. Data analytics is a plus.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.