About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.The Role Responsibilities
The role is to perform risk and control activities for the Cyber Security Services Security Monitoring and Analytics (CSS SMA) service under Cyber Defence and Threat Management domain. This team provides risk management, risk governance and assurance services, as well as advocating and imparting lessons and good practice to shape the design and implementation of cyber security controls.Key responsibilities include:
- Perform all risk and control activities related to all people, processes, and assets within the CSS SMA function.
- Act as the confidant to the CSS SMA &lsquoProcess Owner(s)&rsquo responsible for developing, prioritizing and implementing controls.
- Provide timely and accurate risk & control MI to the management within risk management systems and repositories.
- Act as a risk and ICS SME to drive a multi-year and complex controls transformation agenda.
- Deliver risk focused, timely and re-performable deep dive reviews.
- Support design and maintenance of internal processes that allow CSS SMA to dynamically monitor risk as well as effectively mitigate identified gaps.
- Maintain CSS SMA controls and corresponding metrics.
- Drive compliance with the Bank&rsquos risk framework and policies.
- Support stakeholders in defining remediation actions to address identified control weaknesses as well as track remediation, check and challenge delivery status.
- Support the delivery of the Conduct Risk Management plan.
- Support Process owners in the execution of their risk management accountabilities.
- Support liaison with Group Internal Audit and any third party or regulatory inspections.
- Adopt an anticipatory approach to risk assessment through stakeholder engagement and monitoring of the external environment.
- Work with other control assurance teams to drive efficiency, effectiveness and reduce duplication.
- Provide robust challenge and escalation to senior management to ensure activities achieve risk reduction.
- Perform review of the control self-assessment outcomes, control testing results and adequacy of the related remediation actions.
Support activities related to control design, assessment, testing processes and drive continuous improvement.Governance
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to appropriate committees.
- Ensure appropriate oversight and facilitate resolution of high impact risk and issues.
- Work with the CSS Service Lines to identify emerging risks and ensure they are appropriately addressed and subjected to formal governance.
- Support continuous improvement of the CSS internal risk profile reporting, issue management processes and supporting tools.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank.
- Global Head Cyber Security Services
- Service Heads Cyber Security Services
- Trust, Data & Resilience MT
- Cyber Security Services MT
- Group Operational Risk
- Group CISRO
- Group Internal Audit &ndash T&I and Operations and Cyber
- Internal Control Testing teams
Our Ideal Candidate
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Service Director.
- Bachelor / Honours Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Cyber Security or other technology related qualifications or 6+ years of experience in cyber/IT security, technology audit or assurance, which must include some element of experience in a &lsquofirst line&rsquo security or assurance team.
- Fluency in English.
Preferred (but not essential):
- Background in the information and cyber security domain within international financial services organisations.
- Demonstrated ability to support a &lsquofirst line&rsquo function in responding to external/regulatory audits.
- Up to date with key regulation / developments in Information and Cyber Security Management Framework (including Technology Risk Management), Data, Privacy and Automation.
- Professional Qualifications (i.e. CISSP, CCNA and CCNP).
- Risk and control related certification in security domain (i.e. CISA, CRISC).
- Risk & control, assurance or audit experience.
- Ability to challenge the status quo.
- Ability to commit up to 10% business travel.
- Excellent organisation skills with ability to manage multiple deadlines and effectively prioritise workload.
- Strong interpersonal skills to foster positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills, with an ability to influence and to gain the respect of senior stakeholders and peers.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and objectivity.
- Demonstrates ability to work with limited direction and multi-task without loss of quality.
- Confident and courageous to raise/escalate issues in a pro-active, professional and timely manner.
Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to the Group&rsquos core values.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our . We welcome conversations on flexible working.